• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Crosby-Nash LIVE BROADCAST on HDNet, May 22nd

Kazaam

Or at least they're billing it as a "live broadcast". Regardless, it's a new performance from 2011. Wish they were still young instead of old with thinning white hair, but this is cool nonetheless. Wish I had a DVR so that I could set it right now, because I just know I'm going to forget and miss it.

http://www.hd.net/blogs/2011/05/2966/

Concerts_CrosbyNash.jpg

Kazaam said:
Or at least they're billing it as a "live broadcast". Regardless, it's a new performance from 2011. Wish they were still young instead of old with thinning white hair, but this is cool nonetheless. Wish I had a DVR so that I could set it right now, because I just know I'm going to forget and miss it.

http://www.hd.net/blogs/2011/05/2966/

Concerts_CrosbyNash.jpg
Don't feel bad Kazaam, I only have a antenna on my roof. So, there is no chance I'm going to see it. But you've got a 50/50 chance! :handgestures-thumbup:

Can you send yourself an Email reminder? That's what I do for bill pay and such.

Thanks for the heads up!

Dennie

Thanks Kazaam. I'll try to check it out!. Wished Stills was with them. He's my favorite of the three.

Well I've set up a calendar to email a reminder, so we'll see how that goes. As for Stills, I like some of his stuff obviously. Though I'm definitely a big fan of Crosby & Nash's work as a duo.

Are some of these shows on Bluray already? I was looking through their calender and archives and saw some shows I would like to check out.

Also, Dennie and Kazaam, Merle Haggard & friends will also be on the following weekend. LOL!

I don't know about BluRay, but I know there are DVDs of James Taylor's "One Man Band' and John Fogerty's "Long Road Home", which I assume are the same as what HDNet has broadcast. Not sure if either of those were originally broadcast as "HDNet Exclusives", though.

That said, it would seem like a natural to me that if someone is going to put forth the time and money to record a concert in HD that with a little post production they could make it into a decent Blu-ray to eventually sell for some extra cash. But will they?

Yesfan70 said:
Are some of these shows on Bluray already? I was looking through their calender and archives and saw some shows I would like to check out.

Also, Dennie and Kazaam, Merle Haggard & friends will also be on the following weekend. LOL!

Auuuhhhggggg! :angry-tappingfoot:

Thanks, I try and turn my antenna appropriately! :eek:bscene-buttred:

Kazaam, looks like you need to send another email to yourself! :handgestures-thumbup:

Dennie :eusa-whistle:

I'm sure it's just me, but I've never been able to listen to just Crosby, Stills and Nash without Young!

Crosby-Nash would be even more of a challenge.

JeffMackwood said:
I'm sure it's just me, but I've never been able to listen to just Crosby, Stills and Nash without Young!

Crosby-Nash would be even more of a challenge.

Oh, no... if anything Young detracts. Neil's still freakin' awesome, though. As for Crosby-Nash being a challenge, yes, I could see it that way definitely. But I think those two work quite well together (sans Stills) and I think their 1970s output was pretty good. Now, on the other hand, that Crosby-Nash album from the early 2000s they recorded was a bit of a snooze fest.

Just got my email reminder. STarts soon. Maybe 1-1/2 hours from now. But man am I tired. Might just take a nap. I think there's supposed to be an encore presentation later tonight. Maybe I'll try for that instead. And this is the first time I've really wished I had a DVR.

It took me a few songs to get into it since it seemed those initial songs just cried out for more than two vocalists, but I'm really enjoying the show right now. Sure they're a bunch of old geezers now, but it's still good. And, well, I am a fan of the duo.

5.1 ambient mix doesn't sound half bad considering it's coming from my cable box.

A few minutes ago... Nash mentioned to the audience that they would be selling a USB thumbdrive of tonight's concert that would be available as they leave... I think he was serious, but he did mumble something I couldn't quite hear, so... ??? Wonder what format would be on a thumbdrive? DVD ISO images, maybe??? [EDIT: Now that I think back about it, perhaps he probably just meant an audio-version of the show... not video... so basically a CD???]

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a Blu-Ray of this thing if they ever get to that point. But is it really going to be 3 hours? So far they haven't even taken a commercial break! And I've got to take a whiz.

Dennie said:
Thanks for the update Kazaam!

It is almost like I'm there! :liar:

Dennie

Oh, really???!!!!! :naughty: Well, in that case... They just got done singing "Our House" and encouraged the audience to sing along... and then I just about puked. ;)

I guess I'm just an old party pooper, but sometimes (most times) I hate listening to the audience sing along.

I watched most of the show. It definitely had its low and high points.

Not sure if I would add it to my DVD Concert collection?????

heeman said:

Agreed.

I'll add that there's probably zero chance that this concert makes any converts.

heeman said:

Not sure if I would add it to my DVD Concert collection?????

I only got to the first four songs, but pretty much felt the same way. (wife+kid+dog= high noise floor).

Back