• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

D-Link Boxee box

lulimet

Does anyone have one or played with one?

I am thinking of buying one and wanted some opinions before I buy.
I have been reading about it and it looks impressive with what it does. I was thinking to upgrade my receiver to one with networking and other features but it looks like the boxee will doo everything I want and more.

lulimet said:
Does anyone have one or played with one?

I am thinking of buying one and wanted some opinions before I buy.
I have been reading about it and it looks impressive with what it does. I was thinking to upgrade my receiver to one with networking and other features but it looks like the boxee will doo everything I want and more.

That's something I would entertain if it includes a full function browser.

Rope

I does have a browser but I don't know how good it is. A friend of mine has a boxee and swears by it.

I've played with it and I'm not a big fan. The concept is really good but he execution is sometimes a little weird. It's clear that what it does in some cases is scrape the embedded video from a website. As a result sometimes you'll see the video controls (play, stop, pause) are stuck on the screen. Much of the video on the web is very low rez which looks fine in an embedded window on a 23" monitor but, on a 42"+ TV... not so much.

Cool!

There have been several firmware updates since I've last used one. Please keep us posted once you use it a bit.

Back