• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

D* NFL on smart phone ?

Barney

Longhorns, Cowboys, Spurs, & Rangers...love Texas
I see advertisements of this guy watching a live NFL game on his cell phone while he is shopping in a store. So how is D* streaming a live NFL game over 4G ?

Over 4G it is pretty good. It ain't HD but you can see what is going on. If you move away from 4G...not so good. Could get choppy and jump around a bit.
Use it on a regular basis when I am away from home on Sundays. Get annoyed when 4G isn't around, but still use it to check scores and stats.

So, is it like ESPN, you have to pay for a programming provider at your home to have access to the "streaming" over the web ( meaning, enter username/password to programming provider).
But what if you have D* but your internet provider is Time Warner Cable for Roadrunner (wifi) or your phone provider is T-Moble ?
It sucks...............why would I want to watch ESPN on my googletv or xbox360 when I would have paid programming from Time Warner Cable w/HD STB DVR etc.....why the apps ?

Barney said:
So, is it like ESPN, you have to pay for a programming provider at your home to have access to the "streaming" over the web ( meaning, enter username/password to programming provider).
But what if you have D* but your internet provider is Time Warner Cable for Roadrunner (wifi) or your phone provider is T-Moble ?
It sucks...............why would I want to watch ESPN on my googletv or xbox360 when I would have paid programming from Time Warner Cable w/HD STB DVR etc.....why the apps ?

I'm not following you and I think you may be making it too complex.

If you have D* and buy NFL Sunday ticket, there is an NFL Sunday Ticket App created by D* (available to iOS and Android, not sure about others). Sign into the App using your D* info (to their website and your account). All NFL Sunday Ticket games are available for streaming via the D* app (regardless of carrier at any level).

Back