• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Dark Souls

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
_-Dark-Souls-PS3-__enl.jpg

Well I gotta say I'm deeply disappointed in this one. It got generally quite good reviews, and seemed interesting. So I snagged the ps3 version pretty cheap on ebay, as it's been out for a while for the consoles. Played a while yesterday... I like the setting, has some original gameplay aspects, and yeah it's HARD - you die over and over. I wouldn't have minded that so much, except the control interface was TERRIBLE. The camera and character movement was not smooth, hard to control in combat, and for example the zoom focus when using a bow&arrow was so jerky and "quantized" that it would jump around with the slightest touch to the controls (even with sensitivity all the way down), making it impossible to line up that head shot. Compared to Skyrim, it was just not fun to play because of this.

So then I noticed that the PC version just came out maybe a week ago. I took a chance and got it, because my experience in the few cases where I've had different versions of the same game has been that the PC controls with keyboard and more sensitive mouse is smoother and easier. Well not in this case, unfortunately. Same issues, and the controls for the game designed for console gamepads just didn't translate well to the keyboard+mouse. But mainly, the graphics were no smoother, the fine control no more precise.

Deeply disappointed, because otherwise it seemed like it would be interesting, lots to explore and discover, complex character development. Didn't really get far enough in to get any notion of what the overall story is, though.

Part of it is my expectations based on Skyrim, that just didn't translate in this game - either the control issue or the plot development.

Oh well, time to give Mass Effect 3 a spin...

assassins creed revelations!!! assassins creed revelations!!! assassins creed revelations!!!

im glad that i didnt purchase this game. im one of those who cant stand not 'finishing' something that ive started. its hard enough to finish a game, what more 'perfect' it.

not a trophy player, but man, this ones definitely not up my alley.

thanks for confirming me not buying this one.

next up: Borderlands 2!!!!! WWWOOOOOTTTT!!!

Yeah AC rocks. And I'm definitely looking forward to Borderlands 2! Oh yeah.

Back