• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Dayton Audio Sub-Link XR 2.4 GHz

mcad64

Just curious, anyone use these things?? It would save the hassle of running a sub cable. I have a few questions. It operates on 2.4 GHz transmitter which I assume would not play nice with my Panasonic cordless phone. Dayton says there is a 25 ms latency. Would that be noticeable or could that somehow be compensated for by Audyssey. Lastly, SVS website says it has a frequency response of 6 Hz-23 kHz (- 3 dB points). Dayton Audio says it has a Frequency response: 15 to 20,000 Hz +1/-3 dB. So if you have a sub capable of going lower then 15 Hz this thing will not be able to deliver the goods? Is that correct?
Thanks,
Mike

mcad64 said:
It operates on 2.4 GHz transmitter which I assume would not play nice with my Panasonic cordless phone.

It should be fine. 2.4Ghz is the same spectrum used for wifi and baby monitors too. If there is interferance you can usually change the channel on those devices.

mcad64 said:
Dayton says there is a 25 ms latency. Would that be noticeable or could that somehow be compensated for by Audyssey.

Audessy SHOULD be able to delay the other channels by 25ms+ so that all the channles hit the mic/listening position at the same time.

mcad64 said:
Lastly, SVS website says it has a frequency response of 6 Hz-23 kHz (- 3 dB points). Dayton Audio says it has a Frequency response: 15 to 20,000 Hz +1/-3 dB. So if you have a sub capable of going lower then 15 Hz this thing will not be able to deliver the goods? Is that correct?

It depends on the design of the filters in the the transmitter. If the transmitter's filter is a "brick wall" than no, NOTHING under 15Hz will pass to the sub.

mcad64 said:
It operates on 2.4 GHz transmitter which I assume would not play nice with my Panasonic cordless phone.

Can you imagine if your sub picked up and played your phone call? If that were to happen, you better hope you're on the phone James Earl Jones.

I use a similar product from Outlaw and haven't had any issues. The frequency response could be a small issue (mine is only rated to 20 Hz) but I don't think you'll find much content that goes down to 15 Hz. Also, are we talking about the SVS PB-2000? If so, where are you getting that 6 Hz-23 kHz range from? I'm seeing 17-260 Hz +/- 3 dB on their website...

Edit: I now see that SVS sells the Dayton product and that 6 Hz-23 kHz range is what SVS states for it.

Odd that SVS would list different specs for it than Dayton's own website?

How do you think this would work with two subs. One being hardwired and the other using this device, that is my real question. Would that latency be problematic. It sure would be nice to take a second sub and just move it around the room just worrying about a nearby electrical outlet and not having to worry about another cable run.
Thanks,
Mike

mcad64 said:
Odd that SVS would list different specs for it than Dayton's own website?

How do you think this would work with two subs. One being hardwired and the other using this device, that is my real question. Would that latency be problematic. It sure would be nice to take a second sub and just move it around the room just worrying about a nearby electrical outlet and not having to worry about another cable run.
Thanks,
Mike
Even if running another cable is unavoidable...having a drop ceiling makes it THAT much easier.

Zing said:
mcad64 said:

Can you imagine if your sub picked up and played your phone call? If that were to happen, you better hope you're on the phone James Earl Jones.
:text-lol:

Rope

Batman said:
Even if running another cable is unavoidable...having a drop ceiling makes it THAT much easier.

I'm fucking lazy...what can I say!! :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Zing said:
mcad64 said:

This guy? :laughing-rolling:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRKVQcbIByo[/youtube]

Back