• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Dell ST2220L LED/LCD

Barney

Longhorns, Cowboys, Spurs, & Rangers...love Texas
As some know I just got a new PC. I got a 21.5" Dell ST2220L monitor. It was very bright out of the box. I kicked down contrast & sharpness to about half. Still learing the computer & would love to get this display dialed in better. I posted on AVS about this monitor (did a search) but no info about this display. Is it local dimming, how many LED panels, etc. Also would love what settings someone got with some equipment.
I tink I saw somewhere that Windows 7 has a calibration set-up, but I have no clue where that would be. Any info/links would be great. Thanks

Barney said:
As some know I just got a new PC. I got a 21.5" Dell ST2220L monitor. It was very bright out of the box. I kicked down contrast & sharpness to about half. Still learing the computer & would love to get this display dialed in better. I posted on AVS about this monitor (did a search) but no info about this display. Is it local dimming, how many LED panels, etc. Also would love what settings someone got with some equipment.
I tink I saw somewhere that Windows 7 has a calibration set-up, but I have no clue where that would be. Any info/links would be great. Thanks

Click start, control panel, display. Left hand column there will be a color calibration option.

Rope

Rope said:
Barney said:

Click start, control panel, display. Left hand column there will be a color calibration option.

Rope

Cool, you da man my friend. I'll check that out soon, right now I'm ripping my music to it...this is going to take alot of beer....... :teasing-tease:

Barney said:
Rope said:
Barney said:

Rope

Cool, you da man my friend. I'll check that out soon, right now I'm ripping my music to it...this is going to take alot of beer....... :teasing-tease:

I ripped to WMA lossless. It took approximately 2 minutes per CD.

Rope

Back