• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Denon X3300W usability questions

saldog

First world problems, i know... but i'm trying to figure these two things out. I posted on AVSforum's 2016 Denon AVR thread, but haven't received any answers. Figured i'd give it a shot here:

1) I have my X3300 powering a 5.1 system in my living room, and then the zone-2 preamps feed a signal to powered speakers in the kitchen. Often we want to hear the TV sound (or music) in the kitchen, so i am often switching between "direct" and "all zone stereo". The only way i seem to be able to do "all zone stereo" is by:
Press "Option"
Press down a couple times, then select "All Zone Stereo"
Select "Start"
Press "Zone2" on remote
Press "Power"​
Lots of button presses to do what i could do with a single hardware button on my old Yamaha remote ("party mode"). Any other way around this? I could even justify buying a Harmony if it would give me single-button switching between "direct" and "All Zone Stereo" modes.

2) I HAVE to have the TV on in order to hear anything. Is this normal? Even if i want to listen to the radio, i get no sound unless the TV is on. The only way around this is to unplug the HDMI from the back of the receiver going to the TV. Any way to fix this; do i just have a setting wrong?

2) I HAVE to have the TV on in order to hear anything. Is this normal? Even if i want to listen to the radio, i get no sound unless the TV is on. The only way around this is to unplug the HDMI from the back of the receiver going to the TV. Any way to fix this; do i just have a setting wrong?
Sorry I don't know the specifics of your receiver but... does it have multiple HDMI outputs/settings? If so, selecting an unused one might work. Example: my Onkyo 886 has a front panel button to select the HDMI output between "Main - Sub - Analog." Going to an unused output should have the same effect as disconnecting the cable.

Jeff

Sorry I don't know the specifics of your receiver but... does it have multiple HDMI outputs/settings? If so, selecting an unused one might work. Example: my Onkyo 886 has a front panel button to select the HDMI output between "Main - Sub - Analog." Going to an unused output should have the same effect as disconnecting the cable.

Jeff

Hmm, possible. It has a "main" HDMI output, and a "zone 2" HDMI output. I'll look into that. Thanks.

Back