• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Devil (M. Night Elevator Flick)

Hot Monkey

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1314655/

Anyone bold enough to have seen this new M. Night Shammalammadingdong movie about four people stuck in an elevator and one of them is the devil? Looks mildly interesting but his recent movies have been so hit or miss I was not going to risk a blind purchase before asking around. Anyone see it? Reviews seem to be OK... even from M. Night bashers.

Monkey

It seems to me that all M. Night Shammalammadingdong's films begin with a good scary premis, but turn out stupid.
Please let us know what you think ,walls.

Rope

Seems to me whenever I am in a tight fitting quarter (elevator, airplane, in line at a checkout) that I am in there with the devil. It's normally sombodies screaming kid who has parents who are apperantly oblvious to the howling, screaming and constant repitition of "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" over and over again. I figure if I ever do meet Satan, I'll just go, "Yeah whatever, say have you met this two year old at Fry's Grocery store" and Beezlebub, will nod and say, "Damn lil fucker is stealing all my thunder"

I'll report my findings in a couple of days. you boys know how i get the goods...;)

Didnt get a chance to watch it yet, HOPEFULLY I will tonight. ;)

I loved Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, but Village, the alien one and Lady left a LOT to be desired. I am hoping that this wasnt a shitty "blind buy". lol!

Pretty much Sixth Sense and Signs were my favorites with Unbreakable a meager liking, all others were just passe for me. Hence why I'm not going all in with Devil, but can get it on Vudu pretty cheap with a discount I have.

Sounds like "Signs" is the only movie I've seen by Sham, but I really liked that one, even tho the premise was quite outlandish...

Hey Botch check out Unbreakable. For most its either a love or hate film so you have a 50/50 chance!

walls said:
Hey Botch check out Unbreakable. For most its either a love or hate film so you have a 50/50 chance!
Added to my list! :handgestures-thumbup:

its wierd, i found unbreakable to be one of his best works. but im biased. truly biased considering that i grew up with comic books, and how, in a way, this was one of the first movies to see someone who has such powers blossom into one. beginnings so to speak.

plus, samuel jackson didnt scream as much. :)

I didn't care for it... better than most of his junk....

I don't get what happened to him after six sense... I really like that movie.

I honestly can't believe he can get an appointment with execs from any studio let alone get a screenplay approved. If I hear a movie has him attached in any way, I immediately cross it off my "to see" list and it would take a lot more than "it was okay" to check it out...does he still do his cheesy trademark cameo in every movie he directs? The guys work really went off a cliff.

Back