• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Diners, Dives and Drive-ins

Huey

Famous
The wife will watch this show from time to time, and happened to catch the last 15 minutes of it the other night. That portion of the segment featured Kid Rock, his BadAss beer, and the guy who makes it just down the road from us. We have had a couple of meetings at his place of business, Michigan Brewing.

When Pauly visited last year, I picked up an assortment of beer, as well as some orange creme soda and rootbeer that is all made there. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I think Pauly and I both agreed that the Badass tasted a lot like bud light. My opinion, a beer named badass should be a dark lager, not a pale ale. If anyone is driving on I-96 near the Webberville exit, it is worthwhile to stop for a sandwhich and beer or soda.

Huey said:
My opinion, a beer named badass should be a dark lager, not a pale ale.
Just to split a few hairs, Budweiser (in all its forms) is a lager. Ale, including the Pale variety, is usually heartier than a lager. So a beer named Badass should be an ale, not a lager. :ugeek:

As for the show, I love it and hate it at the same time. I genuinely enjoy the show and I think Guy is a cool dude but I hate the fact that I could just put down my fork from a huge Thanksgiving Day dinner, turn on that show and be hungry before the first commercial. :angry-cussingblack:

Zing said:
Huey said:
My opinion, a beer named badass should be a dark lager, not a pale ale.
Just to split a few hairs, Budweiser (in all its forms) is a lager. Ale, including the Pale variety, is usually heartier than a lager. So a beer named Badass should be an ale, not a lager. :ugeek:

As for the show, I love it and hate it at the same time. I genuinely enjoy the show and I think Guy is a cool dude but I hate the fact that I could just put down my fork from a huge Thanksgiving Day dinner, turn on that show and be hungry before the first commercial. :angry-cussingblack:

Yeah, I know nothing of what makes a beer a beer, just my thoughts. I agree with you, I could have just eaten dinner, and watch the show, and usually the food looks so good.

I used to live an hour away from Webberville. But that was before Badass was around. The area has expanded so much.

However, when I'm driving in Michigan I prefer to take I-75 and GET OFF at exit 69, Big Beaver Rd.

Attachments

• bigbeaver.jpeg
    bigbeaver.jpeg
    4.3 KB · Views: 469
No-L said:
I used to live an hour away from Webberville. But that was before Badass was around. The area has expanded so much.

However, when I'm driving in Michigan I prefer to take I-75 and GET OFF at exit 69, Big Beaver Rd.

I have actually eaten on Big Beaver, or at least a Hooters that is located there. :happy-smileygiantred: Where at in Michigan did you live?

Huey said:
No-L said:

I have actually eaten on Big Beaver, or at least a Hooters that is located there. :happy-smileygiantred: Where at in Michigan did you live?

I grew up in Fenton. Went to Western Michigan University and lived in the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek area for about ten years. Moved to Pennsyltucky twelve years ago.

No-L said:
Moved to Pennsyltucky twelve years ago.

Ever go to Peek'n Peak. I love their Sunday Brunch

jpancook.gif

I grew up in Durand, but we hardly ever hung in Fenton, as most people were trouble makers! :teasing-tease:
I did have a Fenton address briefly when I lived on Lobdale Lake.

Huey said:
I grew up in Durand, but we hardly ever hung in Fenton, as most people were trouble makers! :teasing-tease:

Yes, most Durand people WERE trouble-makers! :teasing-neener:

No-L said:
Huey said:

How old are you No-L? We probably know some common people. If you are any where near my age, you probably remember Rainbow Gardens.

Huey said:
No-L said:
Huey said:

How old are you No-L? We probably know some common people. If you are any where near my age, you probably remember Rainbow Gardens.

I'm thirty-thirteen. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)
I don't know of rainbow gardens. Where was that?

No-L said:
I'm thirty-thirteen. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)
Um, that *ahem* story seems to conflict with the *ahem* story in your profile so you might want to get your *ahem* stories straight. :teasing-tease:

I'm thirty-thirteen as well. Rainbow Gardens was the roller skating rink on the corner of Silver Lake and Argentine roads. Pat Steel is a guy I remember from Fenton, although I thought he was a dick because we liked the same girl. Then there was the Aho's, but I think they were more from Holly than Fenton. I'm sure some where in there, we know the same people since we were probably in high school at the same time and played each other in sports.

Huey said:
I'm thirty-thirteen as well. Rainbow Gardens was the roller skating rink on the corner of Silver Lake and Argentine roads. Pat Steel is a guy I remember from Fenton, although I thought he was a dick because we liked the same girl. Then there was the Aho's, but I think they were more from Holly than Fenton. I'm sure some where in there, we know the same people since we were probably in high school at the same time and played each other in sports.

Well that is just a crazy coincidence! The name Pat Steel is familiar. I'm trying to dredge it out of the high school memories I subconsciously blocked out of my mind. LOL
We had our own new roller rink in Fenton WITH an arcade, so I never made it to Rainbow Gardens!
I wasn't into sports at ALL. I was a choir/theater/band/valedictorian nerd.
But you're RIGHT, I'll bet we know some of the same people and places!
Where do you live now?

Roller skating at a place called Rainbow Gardens??

:gay-rainbow: :gay-imgay: :happy-cheerleaderkid:

No-L said:
Huey said:

Well that is just a crazy coincidence! The name Pat Steel is familiar. I'm trying to dredge it out of the high school memories I subconsciously blocked out of my mind. LOL
We had our own new roller rink in Fenton WITH an arcade, so I never made it to Rainbow Gardens!
I wasn't into sports at ALL. I was a choir/theater/band/valedictorian nerd.
But you're RIGHT, I'll bet we know some of the same people and places!
Where do you live now?

I live in Fowlerville, but never was into sports as well. I'm guessing you graduated in 86? I'm going to send you a pm with my real name, maybe we already know each other? Small world.

Zing said:
Roller skating at a place called Rainbow Gardens??

:gay-rainbow: :gay-imgay: :happy-cheerleaderkid:

That was a great place to meat girls, there was nothing, I mean nothing, gay about it.

Back