• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Directv 3D HD DVR upgrade FREE!

TitaniumTroy

Called Directv tonite about how much an upgrade to a 3D capable HD DVR would cost me. Turns out I am eligible for a "technology swap" in other words Free To Me! Just have to box up and send back the old receiver within 7day's of receiving the new one, and that's it. Oh yeah I am doing the happy dance.
:dance:

I need to break down and call. My hddvr is getting so sluggish that it is time for an upgrade, and we are at a spot, that there is nothing on the old one that I can't live without.

Congratulations on the upgrade Troy!

Doghart said:
You have a 3D set troy?

What did you get, and when?? Missed that one...

D
Troy got a VT25 series panny from BB sometime last year or so...

Yeah sorry I never posted the pic's I will try and do that soon, I love that TV awesome pic. I have also purchased Panasonic's third generation 3D glasses,
they fit much better than previous generations. Plus they are cheaper, lighter and are rechargeable.

Can I swear here? Fuck! Like Troy, I took advantage of the upgrade for free, and the new hr21 showed up last night. Sleek black box, but other than that, everything seems to be the same as the 20. I figured I would need the converter box to get the 3d channels, but didn't want to order until the box came. Sure enough, I need the converter, dtv does top and bottom I believe, and my tv only handles checkerboard.

Now keep in mind, I had the converter a year ago, decided I could just buy a Bluray player that output checkerboard, which made for a simpler setup. So I returned the converter to Amazon for a refund. It was $100 then. Go to Amazon today, Amazon does not stock themselves now, but a reseller wants $299 for the converter. Quick search of the web, and either everyone is out of them, or they are high price like Amazon. Did find one seller for $87, but never have heard of them. It isn't worth $299 for 3d, but hopefully I can find one cheaper.

TitaniumTroy said:
Yeah sorry I never posted the pic's I will try and do that soon, I love that TV awesome pic. I have also purchased Panasonic's third generation 3D glasses,
they fit much better than previous generations. Plus they are cheaper, lighter and are rechargeable.

VT25 is a killer set. I wish I could have kept the 58" I had. Friggin' buzzzinggg.....

D

Back