• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Dish, get me outa this contract!!!!!

We have had our fair share of heavy winds around here since B had Dish installed, perhaps the tech didn't tighten something when it was installed.

Batman said:
We have had our fair share of heavy winds around here since B had Dish installed, perhaps the tech didn't tighten something when it was installed.

That's what I'm wondering. The signal going in and out, then just out completely is what makes me wonder that. If the dish is easily accessible (ex: not 210 stories up like with my house :shock: ) , I would just realign it and see if that fixes the problem.

Regardless of issue I am quite sure that there could be many factors at play here. Bottom line is it doesn't work, and when it did work it didn't work well. Flint is right on the money, and they will be informed, again, that squeaky wheels get the grease. They drop that contract and forget I exist then I give the same courtesy. I was largely happy with most of the customer service reps I have dealt with besides 2, the manager that could have saved much aggravation and sent me on my way without the $300 penalty, who just seemed to be confused that his calling my wanting out a breach of contract but couldn't fathom that poor product and service are the same. The lady that hung up on me yesterday takes the cake.....you just don't hang up on a customer unless they are having a complete shit fit and are unreasonable.....that's not me. All other reps were courteous and helpful as they had the power to be.

Today I called the credit card issuer I pay the bill with, automatic payment saved me a few bucks. I put in a dispute for the last bill from May 7th and stated lost card so I'd get a new account #....now they can't try to get the fees from me without sending a paper bill which will be disputed. When they send it to collections and reporting agencies I will make sure that the charges are marked in dispute and something I am Not responsible for.

Verizon will be here Wednesday, I'll be paying a few more $ for the same thing but I know the service and equipment will be reliable.....goes to show that cheap isn't always a good deal.

They make no money by letting you out of he contract that you are legally bound to. You signed and they are not going to let you out, I guarantee it!

They would rather pay lawyers (that they already have) to keep you in the contract.

They (all telecom companies) just need you to sign the contract and they've got you.

B, they got you! You signed the contract and you are stuck with it. I wouldn't have another company do an install or you will now have two contracts!

Their game is to get you to sign and you did, game over.

I am not trying to be the barer of bad news, I just trying to say what they are going to say......you signed the contract.

I wish you all the luck in the world and if you get out of it, you are my hero!

Dennie

Dennie said:
They make no money by letting you out of he contract that you are legally bound to. You signed and they are not going to let you out, I guarantee it!

They would rather pay lawyers (that they already have) to keep you in the contract.

They (all telecom companies) just need you to sign the contract and they've got you.

B, they got you! You signed the contract and you are stuck with it. I wouldn't have another company do an install or you will now have two contracts!

Their game is to get you to sign and you did, game over.

I am not trying to be the barer of bad news, I just trying to say what they are going to say......you signed the contract.

I wish you all the luck in the world and if you get out of it, you are my hero!

Dennie

I'm a relentless sob......I've accomplished bigger feats.

You know, am hour on the phone agai and all they can say when you get to anyone that can actually make it happen is you signed a contract ad neasium......I obviously understand this but I'm obviously extremely dissatisfied with your service. Nothing you can do can change the fact that I am and will never be satisfied with it.

Yesterday that lady was adamant about that fee for them to come repair was completely unavoidable, yet today this guy can most certainly get someone here free of charge to fix the problem......funny how they can pull anything out of their bag of tricks to make you appear to be the bad buy. They note everything negative you say but in those notes are not the very frost offer I made which. Was ""I will happily pay your $99 service fee that was waived because I signed the contract if that makes things fair for both parties" yet it's not noted anywhere at all that I made that offer but it's noted that I said I would call daily until the termination fee was cancelled. You talk as nice as possible to them and they repeat themselves then instigate you into getting riled up. I asked, is it YOUR money being wasted here? Does it effect YOUR wallet to let a very dissatisfied customer walk? All they do is read script. They'll not see a dime.

Wonder if I state that I was under the influence of prescription medication when I signed up for service and that I can't read would be of any use. Regardless, I think I'll stroll in to the small claims court tomorrow and see if I can file a claim against them for breach of contract, after all they are not living up to their end of it so why should I have to keep it?

I know the one time I tried to take a business to Small Claims court I was told I couldn't go after a business, individual parties only. I'm thinking they come under state, not federal, jurisdiction however so you may be able to.

I have Directv and my folks have Dish and they hate Dish. They Dish tech who came to install my folks HD box installed it using S-Video and my dad wondered why his HD looked like shit. So I took a trip back home to fix his issue and get him going. I sat there amazed looking at the S-Video cable thinking what a moron (but it was a girl installer and leave it at that). I hate Dish TV lineup the channels are all over the place. I love Directv. I think I was the one to convince mzpro to get the 5.00/month repair fee. Man is that so worth it and so on. Anytime I have had any issues with equipment or service in general. One call and it is instantly taken care of at no extra fee to me. Yeah it's 60.00/year but in my mind so worth it. That and I bundle my TV, high speed internet and phones (cell and land line) so I get a bundle savings of 5.00 off each service saving me 20.00 if I had billed through separate companies. I just call Qwest with my issue and they handle it with Directv and within a day or two the issue is fixed. No hassling with anyone. If gear breaks, one phone call and within two days I get a fedex package with the new gear and one call to get setup and I don't even have to return the defective product.

Directv has also worked with me in matching what competiters offer. I just give em a call and explain what Dish or cable is offering and since I am considered a "Grade A" customer they match it with no haggling. I do wish they offered selective channels so I only had to pay for channels I actually watch and not get charged for crappy channels, I never ever watch (cough cough Lifetime Cough). I've had cable before and hated it with every fiber of my being, channels compressed always losing signal and the ever constant rate hikes. My folks had Dish and man I hated that, so left with Directv. Have had them for over 10 years and never regretted it.

Bryan sorry to hear about your issues, but I think I was one of the ones who told you to go with Directv. Good luck on your end and it sounds like the dispute with the CC is the way to go.

Matt - who thinks all the hanky panky going on has somehow dislodged a cable somewhere and that's why -B- gets no service....well he's getting serviced just not in the channel department. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

I don't care what service provider you have, no single company is ever going to please 100% of their clients 100% of the time. Every SP has their loyal followers AND adamantly pissed off customers. It's just the nature of the business, not just for TV service providers, but any company that provides any kind of service...All of us here knows all too well, most of the time we're going to hear the horror stories and that's all there is to it. Hopefully B finds a company that will meet or exceed all his expectations.

I can't stand DTVs guide and menu layouts, does that mean it sucks? No, I'm just incredibly familiar with and also like, the Dish interface, I also have no issues with the way their equipment is designed to work. IMHO every year, most of the programming providers "one-up" each other anyway with new technology so I take everyone's horror stories with a grain of salt mentality. Unless I hear story after story of bad experiences about any single company (like a local cable provider Atlantic Broadband, for example) I keep my opinion to myself, concerning recommendations. Rest assured the moment I tell someone to "go with company A, they're top-notch!" the installer will be 3 hours late for the install appt, the service will drop out 10 times in the first week and the DVR will fail, so I really don't give a shit. :eusa-whistle:

Verizon FiOS is great. Better equipment. An installer that is employed by Verizon and didn't leave trash on my floor, a call back a few hours after installation to make sure I had no questions and a better picture. Shoulda known I should have done this ithe first place, but I was trying to save money. The savings were not worth it.

^ I will say that the most consistent thing about Dish I HAVE had issue with is the shortage of in house technicians.

Plus you're wrong about the Verizon equipment...WHY? Because I have used it, and I don't like it. Not even a little bit... :teasing-neener:

Bump to an old thread.

Just saw tonight's premiere of "The Walking Dead" so Chris how'd you like the episode on AMC oh yeah that's right, sorry buddy. :teasing-neener:

Can't wait till Wed night when the new season of American Horror Story comes on....again sorry Chris. :happy-smileygiantred:

Back