• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Disney's WOW

Zing

Retired Admin
Superstar
Anyone else have any experience with this?

1556913h.jpg

1556913bh.jpg

I'm a sucker for calibration and/or demonstration discs. I'm also a sucker for virtually anything and everything Disney puts out. Put the two together and it was completely irresistable for me. As it turned out, it was worth its weight in gold.

Believe it or not, there was plenty of information in this set that's not been presented before. And even when it discussed topics that have been, they were explained differently and - more often than not - explained better. I say, just because you already own Avia, DVE and/or Spears & Munsil, this is clearly a worthwhile addition.

:text-link:

Can you go straight to the menu when you press the 'menu' button, or are you forced to watch 20+ freaking movie previews first?

Yesfan70 said:
Can you go straight to the menu when you press the 'menu' button, or are you forced to watch 20+ freaking movie previews first?
:laughing-lettersrofl:

Yesfan70 said:
Another of the many pluses of this disc - no previews! :happy-smileygiantred:

It appears the Disney offering might appeal to the novice, who's attempting to calibrate for the first time, or just learning about calibration, both video and audio.

If the calibrator is willing to spend sufficient time with the Spears & Munsil disc, it provides step by step calibration (reading is a must) for video. Where it falls short, in my opinion, is they offer no audio calibration, however, the AIX add-on disc superceeds this short coming.

I would like to use the Disney offering first hand to make a better assessment of their product, although, I'm unwilling to pay the $30.00 + to make that assessment.

Rope

Back