• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

DIY SET system

Wardsweb

Renaissance man
I just completed the linestage based on a 6H30 tube. The 2A3 amp I built over a decade ago. Now to find some nice high efficiency speakers.

setsystem.jpg

Beautiful Craftsmanship! :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Do it right! Go with some high efficiency full-range single driver speakers and get all the benefits of simplicity.

Flint said:
Do it right! Go with some high efficiency full-range single driver speakers and get all the benefits of simplicity.

Yes that is what I would like to get. Lowthers would be great but they go for big bucks. Maybe some Fostex?

Fostex makes some great drivers. Look at MarkAudio for moderate efficiency drivers as well.

I want to check out the Seas Esotec fullrange drivers!

Over the top once again..............nice job Wardsweb!!

Happy New Year!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

For grins I'll go out on a limb and show you the inside. By the way, the tube mounting plates were CNC machined as was the lettering on the chassis.

wiring4.jpg

I can already feel how "warm" she sounds.

great craftsmanship! awesome work dude...

Beautiful! Including the underneath part. :)

Sure would like to make a trip to SA again sometime.
Beautiful work my friend.

Barney said:
Sure would like to make a trip to SA again sometime.
Beautiful work my friend.

I am planning on having a get together some time in the next two months. I will be sure to send you an invite.

Looks great !

So the tube in the back is the rectifier ?

The tube in the front is two channel audio amp ?

Clean and neat.

malsackj said:
Looks great !

So the tube in the back is the rectifier ?

The tube in the front is two channel audio amp ?

Clean and neat.

Give the man a C-gar. Yes, 5AR4 rectifier in back and the 6H30 in front. The 6H30 is a dual triode high performance voltage amp or driver.

Back