• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

DIYer Home Theater Update - part I

DIYer

Famous
Here are couple of update shots since last time I posted images of the equipments I have.

My gear rack.
11-27-10-19sm.jpg

Front 3 channels are powered by tube amps (SET for highs, P-P for woofers)
My processor has been changed from Outlaw 950 to Onkyo PR-SC885.
Disc player has been changed from Sony multi-disc DVD player to Oppo BDP-80
Above the disc player is a home made passive stereo preamp which was posted on DIY section.
Above passive pre are Rane active x-over and parametric equalizers for mains.
Above processor are Rane active x-overs and graphic equalizers for center and surrounds, above them are amps for surrounds.
On top of the rack is a power conditioner which I bought on impulse 6 years ago (still in use).

View with most lights off.
11-27-10-11sm.jpg

Updates on main speakers to come later.

Gorgeous, I thought those looked like Parametric EQs! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :drool:

:bow-blue: Very impressive looking system. I am insanely jealous.

soundhound said:
Wow, that's really fringe.....
And "fringe" is hip, urban Californian chic for....???

Please pardon my ignorance. I've spent the last 20 years in the unhip, redneck capital of North America.

DIYer said:
Wow, that's the most beautiful Christmas tree I've ever seen! :happy-smileygiantred: Put a couple ornaments on it and you're done!

Zing said:
........I've spent the last 20 years in the unhip, redneck capital of North America.

I didn't know you were from the South.....all this time and you didn't even bother to come by and hang out. :angry-tappingfoot:

Fiddlesticks!

Looks great DIYer. :handgestures-thumbup: Looking forward to the speaker pics.

Razz said:
Sweet rack!!!
Not as sweet as Yesfan's avatar. ;)

Every thing is connected with either home made IC cable (per soundhound's instruction) or 12 ga. speaker cable I bought in bulk from Bluejeans.

Pauly, I'll be posting a close up of "Christmas Tree" shot soon.

Thanks guys.

Botch said:
With all those tubes, does it do marshmallows?
Not from Oct to March when the ambient temp is on the low side. Instead, they double as room heater. :angry-extinguishflame: Between April and Sep, I use most of my free time with outdoor stuff so they hardly get used. You may notice a thin layer of foil faced insulation under the shelves of the bottom half of the rack where all the tube amps are. They do good job blocking the heat to components above.

That is bad ass! I don't know what some of that stuff is for on there but it sure does look nice! :text-coolphotos:

Back