• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Eco core panels from acoustimac

bmwuk

I think the eco core panels due to having children appealed to me a bit more than the others.

NRC is
125 0.39
200 0.51
500 1.18
1000 1.11
2000 1.06
4000 1.09

This measurements are slightly lower than their other option Roxul rockboard. I think it will be okay, correct?

Anything with an NRC above 0.9 is great and it doesn't matter much if it is higher. What matters for this application is how low in frequency it goes. In this case the 200Hz and 125Hz measurements are the most critical. If they are within about 10% to 20%, that's fine. If they are way off, the lower performing product still works essentially "perfectly" in the midrange and treble, so that portion of the room performance will be identical.

Anything with an NRC above 0.9 is great and it doesn't matter much if it is higher. What matters for this application is how low in frequency it goes. In this case the 200Hz and 125Hz measurements are the most critical. If they are within about 10% to 20%, that's fine. If they are way off, the lower performing product still works essentially "perfectly" in the midrange and treble, so that portion of the room performance will be identical.
200hz is .51
Roxul is .67

That's north of 20% 125 look the same and everything after is in excess of .9

Still good or no?

It is all fine. If you can, mounting the panels so there is an air-gap between the back of the panel and the wall will improve the performance in the bass. I put two inches of open air behind my 2" thick panels and it helps.

It is all fine. If you can, mounting the panels so there is an air-gap between the back of the panel and the wall will improve the performance in the bass. I put two inches of open air behind my 2" thick panels and it helps.
They provide z clips where it seems it will be flush with the wall. Any spacer ideas? May getting back to WAF again so gap may be a no-go. I'm just happy she approved the panels on the walls and ceiling

They provide z clips where it seems it will be flush with the wall. Any spacer ideas? May getting back to WAF again so gap may be a no-go. I'm just happy she approved the panels on the walls and ceiling

I used a 1.5" x 2" wood strip ripped out of a 2 x 4 (1.5" x 3.5"). I mounted that horizontally on the wall and put a angle bracket on the panel which rested on the wood strip.

Another option is to just glue some thick blocks or pads on the back of the panel and hang it with a wire like a photo.

I like those, I hate working with fiberglass.
The price seems fair too.
One of my next goals.
I have the first one arriving on the 6th. Once I sell my realtraps I'm going to order another two and the. In about a month I'll have 2 more for the ceiling. Eventually I'd like to have the wall with them but instead with movie posters printed over top. Functional and aesthetic

I have solid backs on the panels. Any benefit in this gap if no absorption on the back?

Back