• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Extreme accordion

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFNNPZsO7-Q[/youtube]

This is amazing! I truly respect this young gentleman's skills. But I gotta ask - what's he gonna do with those skills in the long term? Was it worth it? Not a lot of call for virtuoso accordion performances. :shock:

In some South American countries accordion music is hugely popular. Here in the US Zydeco, Tex-Mex and Tejano music also feature a lot of accordion. Your question still stands though because none of those music styles could be remotely described as "classical".

I'm sure he will be able to find a niche to earn a living or at least supplement his income with talent like that. Things have a way of working out for extremely talented individuals...

PaulyT said:
I truly respect this young gentleman's skills. But I gotta ask - what's he gonna do with those skills in the long term?

I got rather good on bluegrass banjo my last year of college, could consistently play 9 notes/second (Earl Scruggs could do 15) but had the same problem, and put the damn thing up in a pawnshop at Graduation.
I returned a year later, after being commissioned, and the pawnshop was now a pizza parlor. Don't know what ever happened to that damn thing. :shhh:

EDIT: I saw a stand-up accordianist performing in a nudist camp once. He was burnin' but then I saw his eyes bulge and he fell over backwards. Don't know what ever happened to him either. :shock:

:D

I just got to say that kid is amazingly talented.

It's too bad his audience is a few dozen people in an auditorium with balloons around him for decoration. If this kids parents led him in a more popular direction, and I mean even something like "Piano", this kid could be something "special" Really special.

If that kid had a CD out, I'd buy it. Pretty cool video. That video goes to show you how versatile an instrument can really be.

Impressive.

It's from Vivaldi's Four Seasons, the Summer section.

PaulyT said:
what's he gonna do with those skills in the long term? Was it worth it?

Why just pick on the accordion kid? This question could be asked of anyone who spends a lot of time learning to play an instrument. Sure, a pianist or a guitar player might have a better chance of earning some money from his skills, but that chance is still very, very small.

What a bunch of idiots, these people who learn how to play instruments. ( :text-imsorry: , but I couldn't resist.)

Back