• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Family Movie Traditions

Haywood

Famous
My family has some traditions around movie marathons that we do almost every year. We just finished watching all of the Star Wars movies over the course of a month. We're getting ready for our annual run through Harry Potter. We tend to alternate between the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit over the holidays. We also do a huge run of Halloween movies in October (i.e. Sleepy Hollow, Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters, Van Helsing and other silly pseudo-gothic schlock).

Do any of you guys have annual movie events or other traditions around movie watching?

Seriously, nothing quite as “scheduled” as you. But what we have adopted for now is venturing out on Christmas Day for the new Star Wars releases. And often we’ll do a refresh of preceding movie(s) if it ties directly into a new release. Like the other night we watched the original Blade Runner before seeing “2049” the next day. Obviously that helps keep storylines fresh in our minds. So probably this Christmas Eve or morning, we’ll perhaps have The Force Awakens playing during gifts before seeing the Last Jedi...

We don't have a set schedule, but we certainly have a set of movies we watch a lot - Pirates of the Caribbean comes to mind most recently.

And while it's not a movie, we are very regular about binge-watching an entire series of Big Bang Theory each fall when it comes on on BD. (yes we still buy those ancient things)

There are certain movies that we try to watch during the seasons. Polar Express and Christmas Vacation at Christmas time, Monster House and Haunted Mansion at Halloween, etc. We don't have a party or anything, but it does help get everybody in the mood for that Holiday.

Back