• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Fat, sick and nearly dead

Ok heres the deal food processor does not work. Neither does blender. This morning I ended up drinking nearly two glasses of pulp and juice. Basically a giant smoothy made up of two apples, one banana, an inch of ginger way too much, I know that now, half a lemon, and a bunch of strawberris. And yes I drink the apple cores, the lemon peal and all. Overall not to bad, just way to much ginger. Found a frined at work who has a juicer and no longer wnats it. Score

getting it tomorrow.

Maximo said:
Ok heres the deal food processor does not work. Neither does blender. This morning I ended up drinking nearly two glasses of pulp and juice. Basically a giant smoothy made up of two apples, one banana, an inch of ginger way too much, I know that now, half a lemon, and a bunch of strawberris. And yes I drink the apple cores, the lemon peal and all. Overall not to bad, just way to much ginger. Found a frined at work who has a juicer and no longer wnats it. Score

getting it tomorrow.
Did you use a strainer, Maximo?
You did give me a good idea to hit the local classified's for a used unit... :handgestures-thumbup:

I bet if you guys asked friends and family, you each could come up with a juicer at no cost!

Lot's of people jumped on the juicer band wagon a few years ago and most stopped using them after a week or two.

Anyone want to buy an Ab Roller! :laughing-rolling:

Dennie :twocents-mytwocents:

Year I tried a strainer and got like a table spoon of juice. then I had a brilliant idea. I would use my french press. No luck. Wouldn't push through. I can still taste the ginger.

Did you get the ingredients here: http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/abo ... /recipies/ ??

Waiting to try the pills, but I think I would really like to try the 10 day juice only fast, then work it into my regular meal plan then eventually eating 2 small regular meals a day.

Question: When you do the Juice Fast, he mentions getting protein from nuts and beans, so these are eaten along with the juice or mixed in??? Don't quite get that part.

D

No, my understanding is that the nuts and beans come after the fast. When you fast it is liquid fruits and veggies thats it. Although I haven't read their website yet. But all through the movie I never once saw or heard any mention of nuts or beans during the fast.

I have decided that I will not do a juice fast, but just juice as a means to improve my health.

i think the nuts and beans were a part of the juicing process AFTER the diet.

Dog, how would you incorporate this in your daily routine tho? will you do the ten day fast during your regular work and all? just wondering.

a little feedback on the juicing, my sister tried it a couple days ago, and well, didnt go too well. she got sick a bit because she juiced late after dinner, and forgot she had some wine and cheesecake prior. she ended up vomiting and going almost till dawn.

nonetheless, just wanted to let you folks know to remember what you may have consumed prior to juicing.

our family isnt used to so much fiber, so my cousin and sister arent going well with it. im sure its going to be the same for me if ever.

for the meantime, my game plan is
- eat more fruits vegetables
- start the fiber pill
(i think im going to wait to see dogs response to dennies pills, my gf has something similar, and she would be upset if i didnt at least try it. its VERY similar to what dennie is suggesting. but i dont think they have mulberry in china. :D)...
- limit carb intake.
- start juicing on weekends - friday evening onwards.

im glad a couple of us are starting to go this route... best of luck and keep us in the loop with the progress! maybe a journal or two?

Ok, well I have been eating a lot of fruits and veggies this past week. I even had a chickpea and quinoa burger. This morning I had my first juice. It was ok. About what I expected. Do not expect it to taste like donuts and steak. But it's drinkable.

I had it about 2 hours ago and already cleaned me out. I did the mean green from the website of the movie. Bellies growling. Gonna go for a fruit juice this time.

A friend of mine who said that she tried to juice had something with beets in it and it tasted like literal dirt so she gave me this.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-Juice-Extractor/12311470

It's only $50 at Walmart and it seems to work very well.

remember this isn't about starving myself, its about supercharging my health with a super slug of micronutrients.

I got the DVD yesterday and watched it last night, very inspirational and I'll be looking for a used juicer. Don't yet know if I'll go for the full reboot, or just change some things like Jomari. One thing that helps is its almost tomato season; I practically live on gazpacho the second half of the summer. :drool:
I left Active Duty Air Force in 1995, weighed 199 and could run the 1.5-mile in 9:30. I moved to Utard and lived in a hotel for a couple months before finding a house, so I ate in restaurants 3 meals a day and put on 20 pounds that, to this day, I haven't been able to get rid of. I had to quit running due to plantar faciitis (sp?) and that added another 15, and I failed my last PT test for the Reserves :? Time to really make some changes. I can see I'll be doing a lot of portobellos on the Big Green Egg this summer!

Oh, and a question: do any of you patronize Jamba Juice? Do they make healthy smoothies with just fruit, or do they add sweeteners/syrups?

i used to, just because of the immune boost... but that was 4 years ago.

anyhoo, its frozen fruit from last i checked.

sorry, gf rushing me to get ready, full day with her cousins and sister.

glad people are making changes here. it aint easy, but we are doing this for good reason.

great weekend guys.

Score! :music-rockout:

9354557_rb.jpg

This Waring Pro juicer sells for $170, got rave reviews on BB's website, and a guy was selling his for $90, only used three times, and he lived five blocks away! I've already planned a pizza for tonight, but tomorrow... :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

The last three mornings I had juice for breakfast. 2 green apples, handful of strawberries, a banana, an orange and a pinch of salt. Not bad at all, diahhrea the first morning before I even left for work (thank goodness), mild diahhrea yesterday, none this morning. :handgestures-thumbup:
Today for lunch I tried the first veggie mix: half a bunch of kale, 3 carrots, 3 celery, two tomatoes, a cucumber, juice from one lemon, a half-bunch of mint, and a pinch of salt. This made enough for 2.5 glasses, Again not bad! The juicer did NOT like the kale stems, it bogged down on them and tripped the circuit breaker, but had no problem with the celery or carrots.
Its messy as hell, and there are a lot of parts to clean, half the weight loss may be just from cleaning the kitchen! I'm also perplexed as to where this thing will reside, its huge, doesn't fit under my cupboards, and my kitchen is pretty much full now. May have to hide the toaster, it hasn't seen use in years.
I don't know if I'll go on the "juice-only" ten-day program, but I'm surprised that just the juice keeps me feeling "full" until the next meal. I can do this. :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

:? :shock: :eek: :doh: :shifty:

Apparently veggie juice cleans things out that fruit juice does not.
Try this at home, kids!

yup, thus my forwarning earlier botch, im sure that most of us would appreciate the heads up prior.

its not a bad thing, a sidetrack so to speak, but if its all for healthy reasons, im sure we can give up a weekend or two.

im going to do my part next weekend. im going to the zoo this weekend, so i cant smell like sh*t around the in-laws... :angelic-green:

great job botch! i guess the machine would appreciate you cuttin up the kale a bit, so it doesnt have a hard time. problem is, kales already messy to deal with!

jomari said:
...i guess the machine would appreciate you cuttin up the kale a bit, so it doesnt have a hard time. problem is, kales already messy to deal with!
My machine has two speeds, and it recommends using the higher speed on harder stuff like carrots and celery. I used the low speed on the kale, the Hi might work better.

My machine has two speeds as well. Walk and kill.

Take a leaf or two of kale and cram it down with a stalk of celery. works good.

I have been working 12 hour days again and have not had time to even think about getting started.

You guys be careful, I just read an article about some folks getting really sick from juicing. Apparently some veggies, like BEETS can be toxic if ingested in amounts your body is not used to. I'm talkin a trip to the ER!

Watch out!!

D

Thanks Doghart. There's only two foods in the world that I won't eat, and beets are one of them.

My stomach was kinda queazy all afternoon. I drank the remaining glassfull of veggie juice at 4:00 and it was just fine, I'm very comfortable tonight. Guess its just about getting used to it.

Back