• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Firefly is coming back..(well sort of)

I am not optimistic about new episodes ever being made, given that most of the cast is successfully working on movies or other TV shows. Nathan Fillion on Castle, Morena Baccarin on V and Adam Baldwin on Chuck to name just three.

Haywood said:
I am not optimistic about new episodes ever being made, given that most of the cast is successfully working on movies or other TV shows. Nathan Fillion on Castle, Morena Baccarin on V and Adam Baldwin on Chuck to name just three.

Given that and the fact that two of the main characters die in Serenity. The time line would have to be before the story in Serenity, plus River (Summer Glau) being much older will put her character out of place. That's if they try to bring everyone back. Who knows, maybe the series will start off where Serenity ended, but even then I don't know how they can do it.

If they can make it work, then maybe the folks behind Star Trek Enterprise will try to revive that show.

It's too late for FireFly. Any revival won't live-up to the memory. The best they could do is spin-off a new series and have the original cast pop-in from time to time. I just don't see that happening. If the studio had any desire to they would have by now.

was defunct already via blu-ray.coms thread... sorry lazy to pull it out.

anyways its firefly just being 'reissued' on cable.

nothing new here.

if this WAS true, imagine how many geeks and nerds wouldve found out months prior to release date.

Quite simply one of the best shows ever.

I watch Castle pretty much every week and more then one Fillion made a Serenity/Firefly comment on that show. More or less for the fans toungue in cheek stuff but at least it proves he still thinks the show is still relavent.

They could bring back some of the cast. Nathan Fillian could easily reprise his role as Mel but I assume he would be more of a "Booker" character giving sage advice and kicking ass when needed. It's a shame Fox didnt realize what they had when originally aired, but considering they botched the order so bad and put it in crappy timeslots against more popular shows, it was doomed to fail. Too bad though cause it is so good.

I miss Firefly. I enjoyed the movie, too. Have them all on DVD.

Joss Wheadon has an amazing eye for talent. Look at Buffy, Angel and Firefly. How many of the primary actors in those shows have gone on to even bigger fame. Adam Baldwin, David Boreanaz, Eliza Dushku, Nathan Fillion, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Summer Glau, Seth Green, Alyson Hannigan, Christina Hendricks. It's kinda crazy!!

I hope they do something more with Firefly, but I doubt it will happen. Besides, Castle is kinda a big hit show, so it's doubtful that Fillion will be going anywhere.

My family is just now watching Firefly having not seen it originally and are big fans after two episodes.

I told them they'd like it being they never miss Castle. My daughter is learning to listen to her old man sometimes as I do have some taste afterall, despite what her teenage brain thinks most days.

She even asked to borrow a Queen album so she could rip it to her i-whatever mp3 player after I recommended she check it out. Hope for the young still exists.

Mag said:
My family is just now watching Firefly having not seen it originally and are big fans after two episodes.

I told them they'd like it being they never miss Castle. My daughter is learning to listen to her old man sometimes as I do have some taste afterall, despite what her teenage brain thinks most days.

She even asked to borrow a Queen album so she could rip it to her i-whatever mp3 player after I recommended she check it out. Hope for the young still exists.

:happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

PS, whatever you do, don't turn her on to any Zeppelin, Doors, or Stones. She'll tell all her friends about the "new" bands she discovered.

Back