• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Free Audio Books

mzpro5

Famous
I got an MP3 player for my Mom so she can listen to audio books. She suffers from Macular Degeneration ( which she passed on to me) and hasn't been able to read for several years.

I look briefly at Audible but prices are kind of high plus a monthly subscription service.

Any one know of sites to get free or inexpensive audio books.

I got an MP3 player for my Mom so she can listen to audio books. She suffers from Macular Degeneration ( which she passed on to me) and hasn't been able to read for several years.

I look briefly at Audible but prices are kind of high plus a monthly subscription service.

Any one know of sites to get free or inexpensive audio books.
If you have Prime, I know there are some options there, although I'm not sure what all they offer.

My wife gets a lot of audiobooks from our library, but they're on CD - which she then rips to her computer and loads onto her phone or mp3 player. Yeah, it's a fair bit of trouble... don't know of any direct sources of audiobook MP3s.

My library uses OverDrive to check out audiobooks. I can download them to my phone or computer or other similar device. Just need to have a library that uses the service and a library card.

I've been an Audible member for years. The membership is $15/mo, but you get a book credit with it. That means you can get 12 books a year at $15/each. They often run sales where you get two books for one credit, if you like anything in the sale. They also have deals where the books are way less than the cost of a credit. You can also buy credits at a discounted rate, if you are down to one. It works out to around the $15/credit most of the time.

You can also get discounted Audible books when you buy the book on Kindle, but not always. If you are not going to read the Kindle book, it is often more expensive to do it that way.

Back