• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Fringe

mzpro5

Famous
After investing several years in Fringe I am cutting it loose.

Like X-Files, Lost and several others it seems to just be rambling with no end in sight and just boring.

The indication was 6 unmatched episodes on the DVR. When that happens I know I have lost interest.

I stop watching but the wife is DVR'ing.

The first 2 seasons, I thought were fantastic!

I stopped watching after 8 episodes. It was just not plausible at all to me. The science needed to accomplish only ONE of those crazy concept they do would require a lifetime of work from dozens of geniuses with unlimited budgets, but that guy's one lab experimented with hundreds of crazy technologies with just a few people. THEN... the experiments which didn't work out when he was fully funded and had a big staff suddenly work perfectly 30 years later with no budget and just a couple of layman assistants. Too silly for me.

Flint said:
I stopped watching after 8 episodes. It was just not plausible at all to me. The science needed to accomplish only ONE of those crazy concept they do would require a lifetime of work from dozens of geniuses with unlimited budgets, but that guy's one lab experimented with hundreds of crazy technologies with just a few people. THEN... the experiments which didn't work out when he was fully funded and had a big staff suddenly work perfectly 30 years later with no budget and just a couple of layman assistants. Too silly for me.

So does your seeming inability to suspend disbelief keep you from enjoying any sci-fi or fantasy? You couldn't watch Star Trek or Lost in Space? It is a science fiction TV show, not a documentary. :teasing-tease:

My problem with it is it is just getting boring and drawn out.

I love scifi and fantasy, but I need plausibility - a convincing route to suspend my doubts. Star Trek has that.

Me and the GF still watch and enjoy the show. Yes some shows drag but overall still enough to keep me interested.

Back