• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Frozen Planet

mzpro5

Famous
Frozen Planet premiers on the Discovery Channel.

It centers on life at the polar regions and was done by the "Planet Earth" people.

From the clips I have seen it should be good.

Damn, it's already on.... and conflicts with 2 other recordings.... fudge... I'll record the 9pm showing and hopefully it will keep that time slot.

D

mzpro5 said:
Frozen Planet premiers on the Discovery Channel.............

and on.....

Animal Planet
Science Channel
ID Discovery...........

I hate it when they do that. Really fucks up what to watch on Sunday nights when they all show the same thing. To beat it all, it will repeat 3 hours later. That's cool, but just hope the other networks give you something else.

Just finished watching it on Animal Planet.

Stunning. Absolutely Stunning.
I will be buying this on Bluray.

I set mine to record at 11:02 on some other channel last night.

I'm going to bitch here for a moment about Directv and their auto record with shows like this that the same show is on at different times. I will set it to record the series at the later hour to avoid conflicts, but Directv still wants to revert to the earlier showing. I need to constantly monitor those shows to make sure they record. Pisses me off.

Huey said:

I'm going to bitch here for a moment about Directv and their auto record with shows like this that the same show is on at different times. I will set it to record the series at the later hour to avoid conflicts, but Directv still wants to revert to the earlier showing. I need to constantly monitor those shows to make sure they record. Pisses me off.

Yes Rob if you put it on subscription it will pick the earliest show. But it will go to the later showing if there is a time conflict and the shows it conflict with have a higher priority. Change the show to a lower priority and it should go to the later time.

Huey said:

Hmmm, I don't have this issue.

Are you setting it to record that series specifically on that channel? I usually modify the default settings for the series recordings in the manager menu to record only first run etc...

MZ may be correct with having to change the priority of the shows you want recorded.

D

Doghart said:
Huey said:

Hmmm, I don't have this issue.

Are you setting it to record that series specifically on that channel? I usually modify the default settings for the series recordings in the manager menu to record only first run etc...

MZ may be correct with having to change the priority of the shows you want recorded.

D

Notice I said "it should" not "it will". ;) :mrgreen:

jamhead said:
Botch said:
Just finished watching it on Animal Planet.

Stunning. Absolutely Stunning.
I will be buying this on Bluray.

I agree. I'll be buying it as well.

I pre-ordered the BD before seeing it based on the great Planet Earth shows.

It comes to BD April 17.

That's what I like about these, they come to disc as soon as they are done with the broadcast.

Watched about an hour of it last night with the wife. The scenes with all of the birds over the water almost looked 3D! Looking forward to the rest of the series.

I don't normally watch "extras" on DVDs/BDs, but this series always has some fascinating blurbs about how some shots were done; as a photographer that really cranks my chain.
This time, I'm really anxious to learn how they could film snowflakes forming (and earlier article I'd read said it wasn't CG). :ugeek:

The other scene that really ripped me up a bit: that exhausted seal, laying on a small ice floe, too exhausted to move, and an orca raised up behind him, just barely nipping his flipper hanging over the edge of the ice, and dragging him down. The camera was in the perfect place, it was almost like the seal was staring directly into it as he disappeared...

Got the BD yesterday. Just gorgeous!

David Attenborough narrates this BBC version and appears on camera some.

And they do pretty good utilizing the surround sound.

mzpro5 said:
Got the BD yesterday. Just gorgeous!

David Attenborough narrates this BBC version and appears on camera some.

And they do pretty good utilizing the surround sound.
Thanks for the reminder. I saw the first episode on TV and never did remember to watch the rest of them. :doh: Off to Amazon...

Back