• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Game Choice

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
I'm not a huge football fan, but one unexpected benefit of my 5.1 system is the "immersion" you get during sports events that broadcast in Surround. After today's stunning game (how 'bout Utah State?!?! :banana-dance: ) I thought I'd keep another game going on in the background while I catch up on some reading.
USC/Notre Dame was on NBC, I took a peek; then I took a peek at ABC, Penn State vs Ohio S. I don't give a dinker's flam about any team, but ABC was in Surround so that's the one that's on.
:mrgreen:

My local CBS feed has been pretty good. Sad to say, even though the HT is downstairs, I like watching the ball games upstairs. I like windows and seeing outside (the weather's been nice), and I don't have that luxury in the basement where the HT is located.

On another note...........

I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I've watched some races that Fox was broadcasting. I don't know if Fox/Fox Sports still does this, but they would at times have angles on the camera setup where you would hear the cars "whoosh" by and the sound would follow what you would see on the screen. The announcers would go silent for a few secons to where all you heard where the cars. Pretty neat!

Yesfan70 said:
My local CBS feed has been pretty good. Sad to say, even though the HT is downstairs, I like watching the ball games upstairs. I like windows and seeing outside (the weather's been nice), and I don't have that luxury in the basement where the HT is located.

On another note...........

I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I've watched some races that Fox was broadcasting. I don't know if Fox/Fox Sports still does this, but they would at times have angles on the camera setup where you would hear the cars "whoosh" by and the sound would follow what you would see on the screen. The announcers would go silent for a few secons to where all you heard where the cars. Pretty neat!

Yesfan,
That's hilarious. Just last Saturday I had my family over for our (Canadian) Thanksgiving celebration. We were in the HT and my niece and nephew were excited cuz Nascar was coming on and they wanted to see it and hear it on my system. Sadly it got rained out. I told them I am not a fan BUT my favourite part is when the say "Crank it up or something like that" and the camera angle is in the guardrails and they go whizzing by "pew...pew..pew..pew ". Then I turn the channel.

Back