• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Game of Thrones

mzpro5 said:
Well I finished watching season one via rental disc - did I like it?

I just got done adding HBO to my DTV programming for the sole purpose of watching season 2.

Got to schedule recording of repeats of the first three episodes.

just go on HBO GO (PC or iPad) as you may have to wait til mid season for them to repeat them.

-B- said:
mzpro5 said:
Well I finished watching season one via rental disc - did I like it?

I just got done adding HBO to my DTV programming for the sole purpose of watching season 2.

Got to schedule recording of repeats of the first three episodes.

just go on HBO GO (PC or iPad) as you may have to wait til mid season for them to repeat them.

Nahh. I prefer to see them on the big screen.

They are repeating all three in order on Fri night and again starting at midnight Fri/Sat. Already set it up to record.

anyone got u-verse here? i was going to see if anyone purchased episodes from it... season 2 is so tempting...

The wife just called me from Sam's Club and they have this for $44.99.................I told her to pick it up. Amazon had it for $42.64, however with shipping, well you know.......$45 is not a bad deal.

519setUV-0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

heeman said:
The wife just called me from Sam's Club and they have this for $44.99.................I told her to pick it up. Amazon had it for $42.64, however with shipping, well you know.......$45 is not a bad deal.

Not to be mean but I saw that today in the local used media store for 36.99.

mzpro5 said:
heeman said:

Not to be mean but I saw that today in the local used media store for 36.99.

Only kidding...................I am very happy with the deal that we got!

Attachments

• Cry-icon.png
    Cry-icon.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,379
Batman said:
Amazon and BB had this on release day for $34.99...

So I guess your telling me that I F%&KED Up?????

Was not aware of this series until recently............When was the Release Date??

~ 8 weeks ago maybe? Season 2 is heading into episode 7, jo and I watched the 1st season a week or two before season 2 started so that's about right...I think the box set retails for $80 so you're still good. But it could go lower maybe.

If the Video and Audio is as good as they say............I am really siked, and if the story is good.........well? Can't wait!

I really liked S1.

I am about 3 episodes into S2 and am a bit disappointed, seems to be moving much slower than S1.

It does pick up a bit, loads of tense moments in the next few episodes. There are still so many characters to introduce while allowing arcs to progress for the characters we're already fond of...ep 7 is by far the best of the season 2. (IMO)

I am now about half way through book five, Dances with Dragons. If anyone else wishes to read the books one suggestion: Do not get attached to any character. By book five the only ones left alive that I like are Jon and the Onion knight. The are hundreds of characters in the books. Anyone keeping the many Ser straight is better than me.

MUDSHARK said:
I am now about half way through book five, Dances with Dragons. If anyone else wishes to read the books one suggestion: Do not get attached to any character. By book five the only ones left alive that I like are Jon and the Onion knight. The are hundreds of characters in the books. Anyone keeping the many Ser straight is better than me.

My guess, since they follow the story of a bastard, that Jon Snow becomes important. I have heard they will alter the course of the books to fit TV. But since I won't read it I know it will be years before I find out what happens.

I would guess that book four and the first half of book five would be combined into two seasons (at least) since book four dealt mainly with the characters at Kings landing while the first half of book five concerned the other remaining characters during the time period covered in book four.

Sorry if I let cats out of the bag.

I'm currently catching up on my Daily Show episodes, and on 31 March he interviewed one of the midgets from GoT.
Now, its probably sad enough to be a midget, being stared at your whole life, but then your folks name you Peter Dinklage?!?!?

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

(oh, I'm goin' to hell for sure now, and Satan will be a midget... :doh: :? )

Over the last month I have been rewatching all 6 seasons of GoT to prepare for the season 7 premier this weekend. Not sure if I will watch each episode as it is shown or wait until 2-3 episodes are shown so I go mini-binge watch. Anyone else geared up for this.

Back