• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Girl with the dragon tattoo... again.

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
the-girl-with-dragon-tattoo-2011-international-movie-poster-01.jpg

i dont know whats worse, a reboot, or another attempt at an already great movie.

i wonder whats next.

from the impressions ive seen via flixters trailer (you can download this for free via ps3), they've 'edited' it for american viewing.

im not sure how let the right one in came out in the american version, albeit im curious, i wonder how bad they're going to screw this one up.

i loved the original one - the characters, the actors, the scenes - everything looked good. i havent read the book, but i think this was a greatly done movie.

Wow, a French remake, an American remake... silly. Just read all three books recently, very good. The Swedish movies follow the first two books pretty closely, but the third is kinda more loosely adapted - same general story but different emphasis.

PaulyT said:
Wow, a French remake, an American remake... silly.

Not really two different movies but two versions of the same movie, one with additional scenes. Many times studios make a version for American distribution and the same movie with some "spicy" scenes for European distribution.

Seems us Puritanical American audiences can't handle some things.

Went to see it last night, definitely very well done. I haven't seen the other versions or read the book so I'm seeing it for the first time. I really liked the feel of the film and can't wait to see the follow up.

I'd be interested in someone's views who's seen both versions. I still have a low opinion of Hollywood these days. We'll see if it grosses anything.

I've seen the swedish versions and have read all the books. Have yet to see the us version, will see if redbox has it yet...

^ the US version is currently in theaters U won't find it in a redbox for a while yet...

Oh, ok, I thought it had been out for a bit longer. Well the chances of me getting to a theater are slim to none... ;)

zod said:
I'd be interested in someone's views who's seen both versions. I still have a low opinion of Hollywood these days. We'll see if it grosses anything.

I thought the Swedish movies, especially the second one, were really fragmented and hard to follow; I felt like if I hadn't read the books I would've been lost. The wife and I went to one of the fancy AMC theaters on opening day to see the American version and it started off a bit fragmented (check that, it started off with awesome opening credits) but settled into a nice groove/mood.

Back