• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Glee on the radio?

Huey

Famous
I got thinking the other day, that I don't think I've ever heard a Glee song on the radio. Their cd's sell well, so I'm surprised at this. Maybe it has something to do with the songs are liscenced?

I'm not finding the love for this season like I did the first. There has been a few good episodes, especially the ones with Gwyneth Paltrow, but others have been forgetable. Maybe it's because they are covering more recent songs, but I think there is more to it than that.
Rob

Huey said:
I got thinking the other day, that I don't think I've ever heard a Glee song on the radio. Their cd's sell well, so I'm surprised at this. Maybe it has something to do with the songs are liscenced?

I'm not finding the love for this season like I did the first. There has been a few good episodes, especially the ones with Gwyneth Paltrow, but others have been forgetable. Maybe it's because they are covering more recent songs, but I think there is more to it than that.
Rob

I don't liten to broadcast radio for the most part so can't answer that part but

I agree about the declining quality of the show. Very weak story lines, lack of any real character development (the cast have almost become parodies of themselves at times) and the music doesn't seem to flow with the whole show like it did last year, the writing just isn't there. I have 4 episodes on the DVR I haven't watched yet and am considering just deleting them and not watching it anymore.

I've developed a rule that unless I am super busy with other stuff and don't have time to watch anything if I get 4-5 shows backlogged it's not holding my interest and usually stop watching.

Haywood said:
I though the season started out well, went into a slump and then ended well.

Is the season over? I watched Tuesday's episode last night, and didn't get the feeling that it was the season finale. It was a good episode though, none the less.
Rob

The Glee songs supposedly have just set a record, having had more either #1's, or Top 10's (I can't remember which) than any other artist in history, including Michael Jackson, The Beatles or Elvis.
And I couldn't name you a single song from the show... :?

Huey said:
Haywood said:
I though the season started out well, went into a slump and then ended well.

Is the season over? I watched Tuesday's episode last night, and didn't get the feeling that it was the season finale. It was a good episode though, none the less.
Rob

Glee is broken into half-seasons. That was the finale for the first half.

Back