• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Glen Campbells finale song

Srvy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TsAh-zYFI[/youtube]

I dont think we have many Country music fans here but wanted to post this anyway. Representatives for Campbell have release his finale studio recorded song made awhile back. It was released as Glenn is in his finale battle of stage 6 Alzheimer's. He is under 24 hour constant care and probably wont be with us much longer.

Great musician, terrific guitar picker, woefully under rated. The man had his demons, but he's always been a straight shooter. God love him.

i love glen campbell, great singer, great material both old and new.

its painful to see people go thru this, and i wish him well.

Thank you for sharing, will check this out later when i get home.

Not a country fan but I've always loved Glen Campbell, especially Wichita Lineman...

Wow! I have witnessed so much with the different roads one must go down in this life we have all been given. Then, carried it out until the end. Alzheimer's, was not one of them. I have had many family and friends share their stories with me. Very sad!

Glen's video was extremely touching to me!

Thanks Srvy!

im bawling right now. seriously. i wish a lot of things, but after thinking, analyzing and trying to find logic in this, its difficult to comprehend whys and hows.

at the end, im glad i got the chance to enjoy his music, and his passion.

thank you for the video buddy. i gotta get me back to some good ol country.

There's other kinds of music besides Country ? God Bless Glenn, family, & friends. Lost some of my favorite Aunts & Uncles with that disease.

What a great song! Thanks for sharing. Like Botch, "Wichita Lineman" was one of my favorites by Campbell. I remember when Johnny Cash (another favorite of mine) did Trent Reznor's "Hurt". Great tune!

Thanks Srvy!! :handgestures-thumbup:

Another fan of Wichita Lineman, as well as few other of his songs. Rumor has it that back in the day, Glen was filling in for another guitar player for Frank Sinitra, and when Frank first saw him, asked who let the (derogatory name for a gay man) in? Most people probably would have quit the business after being called that by Frank. Thanks for posting the video, SRVY.

Found this on Wikipedia pretty interesting.

"In 1960, Campbell moved to Los Angeles to become a session musician.[8][9] Around this time he was part of the group The Champs. Soon, Campbell was in great demand as a session musician. He was part of a group of studio musicians who became known as The Wrecking Crew.[9][10] During this period he played on recordings by Bobby Darin, Ricky Nelson, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, The Monkees, Nancy Sinatra, Merle Haggard, Jan and Dean,[8] Elvis Presley,[11] Frank Sinatra and Phil Spector.[9][10]

From December 1964 to early March 1965, Campbell was a touring member of the Beach Boys, filling in for Brian Wilson.[8] He also played guitar on the group's Pet Sounds album, among other recordings. On tour, he played bass guitar and sang falsetto harmonies."

Huey said:
Another fan of Wichita Lineman, as well as few other of his songs. Rumor has it that back in the day, Glen was filling in for another guitar player for Frank Sinitra, and when Frank first saw him, asked who let the (derogatory name for a gay man) in? Most people probably would have quit the business after being called that by Frank. Thanks for posting the video, SRVY.

After reading Wikipedia and seeing he was a studio and session musician for Nancy Sinatra maybe he rejected her advances and Frank got wind of it and had a burr up his ass about it. If I recall Nancy These Boots where made for Walking Sinatra was a dish in her day. But if you did her wrong there was a good chance you would be swimming with fishes sporting concrete flippers.

:text-bump:

Tonight I'm watching, for the second time, Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me, on CNN. Kind of a documentary on Glen's diagnosis, and rehearsals and actual concerts from his last tour. His very first song, from his very first show, from his last tour, the teleprompter went out and he couldn't finish singing one of his biggest hits; yet, some of the guitar solos he did smoked, he was on top of his game, yet a couple other solos he tripped badly.
Alzheimer's is scary. :|
The doc was about Glen Campbell, but in many ways it was an incredible tribute to his current wife; wow what a brave and positive woman. :eusa-clap:

Back