• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Godzilla

I’m sorry, but I give Godzilla KotM a great big “MEH”.....I thought the story was pretty lame and the editing sucked. I also don’t feel like much of the CGI was very convincing. It had a couple moments but I was really let down. Oh well...

I am with you on the CGI there were some pretty shaky moments that seemed well below modern standards. Especially in some of the darker scenes. The CGI almost didn't look fully rendered. And the story was full of holes, characters I didn't care about and scientific nonsense. But for me as a longtime childhood fan of this series and genre there were also some very gratifying moments and glorious visuals (Rodan bursting through the clouds, Ghidorah lighting up the entire city skyline, everything Mothra, and Big G's super charged atomic fireball attack). And honestly what classic Godzilla film isn't full of shaky visual effects, plot holes, characters no one cares about and scientific nonsense? In that sense this new movie felt somehow more appropriate and authentic to me then previous Hollywood attempts (1998, 2014). It's just a big ol' mess o' monsters with a few nicely referenced classic Godzilla historical characters and details which is exactly what I was hoping to see. Just don't expect much more.

Watched this last night via 4k disc. I really liked it. great movie for the franchise.

i will be getting mine tonight and anticipate watching godzilla bear once again.

from the reviews ive heard its demo material, plus the atmos channels are apparently very active.

I watched Blu-ray this weekend with a friend the soundtrack was solid and I felt like some of the questionable CGI I observed in the IMAX premier was less noticable. Either it got cleaned up or it's just much smaller so less noticable.

i
loved
every
inch
of this.

except that people were clamoring the LFE was a tad hot.

my problem was it was a bit short. :( its simply because i had to compromise with WAF.

Dayummm, Kong gotta world class right hook.
Psyched for this movie. Will be hard to hold off on watching it at home but I think I may hold out for an IMAX viewing if/when theaters are virus accessible again around here. If that is not happening for a long time I may just have to cave and watch it at home.

Psyched for this movie. Will be hard to hold off on watching it at home but I think I may hold out for an IMAX viewing if/when theaters are virus accessible again around here. If that is not happening for a long time I may just have to cave and watch it at home.

Watching at home and a theater are not mutually exclusive things, right?

Back