• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Going to Radiohead tonight!!!

CMonster

The wife and I are going to the Radiohead concert tonight in KC and I'm super-excited! They've been my favorite band for years now and this will be my first time seeing them live. And, thanks to my company's 15 year recognition program, we'll be rolling in a limo and dining at a very nice restaurant for free (up to $250) . Should be a great night!

SWEET!! B and I were just talking about their local dates in June. We saw them twice at the Riverfront in Camden, NJ over the last 5 years or so. You and the wife are in for a fun night! The company perks are just the icing on the cake. Have a blast man and report back... :banana-dance:

Had a chance to visit them in Atlanta a couple weeks ago. A friend of mine had tickets and everything. A family emergency came up the week before and I had to cancel. He was able to get another friend thank goodness.

I remember my first time seeing them, think I was with Bats....you know they are good, you'll be shocked at how good they are when you hear them pull this stuff off live.

and to add, I won't be fuckin going this year because it went on sale yesterday and is sold out.....but more than half the seats are available on StubHub. I'm not paying double, nor am I paying $30 more for lawn seats. I fucking hate ticket poaching scalpers.

There has to be a better way to get tickets in the hands of those who really want to go.

-B- said:
and to add, I won't be fuckin going this year because it went on sale yesterday and is sold out.....but more than half the seats are available on StubHub. I'm not paying double, nor am I paying $30 more for lawn seats. I fucking hate ticket poaching scalpers.

There has to be a better way to get tickets in the hands of those who really want to go.

Most of the tickets here are paperless and you have to show id and the credit card used to purchase the ticket to get in...

-B- said:
I remember my first time seeing them, think I was with Bats....you know they are good, you'll be shocked at how good they are when you hear them pull this stuff off live.

The music blogger for the KC Star saw the show in St. Louis last night and said this:
The STL show was crazy good. Let your expectations fly.

So between that and your comments I'm bouncing off the walls in anticipation! Yeah, this is gonna be an awesome night!!!

CMonster said:
-B- said:

The music blogger for the KC Star saw the show in St. Louis last night and said this:
The STL show was crazy good. Let your expectations fly.

So between that and your comments I'm bouncing off the walls in anticipation! Yeah, this is gonna be an awesome night!!!

Is no joke either...I was this blown away by how good two bands were live, Pink Floyd is the other.

Yeah, they were phenomenal live. Would've liked a couple more older songs but for some reason Mr. Yorke declined to consult me about the setlist. Bastard. Anyway, here's an excerpt from the music blogger I quoted earlier since him better with words than me:

By most measures, this show passed even the strictest muster. The visuals were stimulating; the sound was clear; the crowd was mesmerized; and the setlist was -- well, that’s certainly open for discussion and probably subject to everyone’s expectations. It was built primarily for the hardcore fans and the insiders or for anyone who just wanted to be there and soak up the transcendence.

It included the obscure “Supercollider,” a Record Store Day single from 2011, and several of the band’s more downtempo and ambient songs. There was no “Karma Police” or “No Surprises,” no “Fake Plastic Trees,” no “Knives Out.” It included one song from “Amnesiac,” two off the excellent “Hail to the Thief” album but more than half of “The King of Limbs,” the band’s latest album and one of its least dynamic. The song choices affected the mood -- Sunday’s show was measurably mellower than Friday’s in St. Louis -- but that seemed to have little affect on the Sprint Center crowd, which was on its feet all night, watching and swaying, greeting each intro with a roar, singing-along to several songs and submitting to the evening’s slow-burning radiance

Entire review can be found here: http://backtorockville.typepad.com/back_to_rockville/2012/03/review-radiohead.html.

Back