• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Goodbye to DirecTV

On the day service terminates, you'll get an email with instructions and a bar code. I took the boxes, network adapters, and power supplies, tossed all that in a box, and took it to a UPS Store (FedEx Office will also work). They will scan it in and give you a sheet of paper confirming it... keep that piece of paper.

We occasionally have to fax stuff. Cost of the line is negligible. Ours doesn't even ring in, it goes straight to voicemail.
YAAAAY!

Finally just got off the phone with retention department and got my directv cancelled!!! woot!

i anticipate the email, but needed to quote this to remember what to do. if not, i get hit on june 15 for 135 clams!

at first i was worried i had to take down two big dishes, but apparently brent confirmed, i will not need to do that. :D

going to living room now to collect the stuff! saving about 100 clams a month to go to diaper cost!

I got on SlingTv as what they called an early trials program, we’ve had it for years and Ive never been billed. We mainly use our antenna and also have Hulu/Netflix/Discovery.

Satellite tv and cable are the biggest ripoffs imo.

we currently have youtube tv, altho a bit clunky, and definitely not the same as the flexibility and ease of use like cable, it aint as expensive.

Since my employer no longer owns DirecTV I no longer get a discount on DirecTV Stream ... the 100% streaming a product not the one needing a dish. So for the last few months I've been paying full price and ... I'm still a fan.

I still prefer DirecTV to Spectrum
I must say, DirecTV never had their thing freeze up in the bottom of the 10th, bases loaded, tie score, Goldschmidt at bat, 2 outs, and 2 strikes.

Then when I got it to work again he'd already launched a walk off grand slam.

Dammit.

I liked a lot about DirecTV, but the cost was just getting too high for something we didn't use much. We're finding more stuff we want to watch now and saving well over $100/mo. Even if some streaming apps manage to crap the bed at the WORST times.

We cut the cord a couple of years ago, think there's even a thread around here about it, and it was the best thing we could have ever done. We subscribe to too many services though, although we are still cheaper than what we were paying with Dish, and the quality is so much better. If the Disney+ app would add Fox and ABC channels, we could probably cut Hulu Live tv. Very fortunate that we have access to high speed cable internet, we pay $60 for 500 mbps service, and gig service is available, but I haven't seen where we need more than what we have.

Back