• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Goodbye Toshiba - Hello Sony Blu-ray Player

Samsung is very consistent across models with the remote codes they use. I'd be willing to bet that you can use any Samsun model's codes with a universal remote and be good to go.

Rope said:
If you able to "Frisbee" accurately, there's no need to get off the sofa.

Nine times out of ten I can hit the tray and center the disk, but knocking the previous disk out simultaneously is a bit tricky. :teasing-tease:

Just noted the Harmony One doesn't have a dedicated Eject button, either.

Botch said:
Rope said:

Nine times out of ten I can hit the tray and center the disk, but knocking the previous disk out simultaneously is a bit tricky. :teasing-tease:

Push the device button, select the BD player, there should be an eject soft button. You can also set the One so that the tray will open when the BD player is powered on.

Rope

Rope said:
Botch said:
Rope said:

Push the device button, select the BD player, there should be an eject soft button. You can also set the One so that the tray will open when the BD player is powered on.

Rope

Botch said:
Rope said:

Rope[/quote][/quote]

Assuming you would like a hard button, choose a hard button on the Harmony remote when it's in BD mode, and make that button your eject button. The original BD remote will be required for this activity.

Rope

Botch said:
Rope said:

Probably because it is only applicable to disc players and not other devices.

When I am in my "Watch BD" activity I have a soft button that is set as the Eject button, actually was there when I first programmed the remote.

heeman said:
I hope that I am done with the bad luck, because I don't want to spend the cash for an OPPO!!! :scared-eek:

And what would be wrong with that? :happy-smileygiantred:

Seems like I remember that some units also open the tray when stop is pressed twice. Not sure if that works anymore, but it is worth a try.

No Audio...........

The unit was working fine all weekend, until we put a blu-ray in last night.

No Audio. I tried a bunch of things and nothing, then I decided to turn the system off and to un plug and re plug in the HDMI Cable from the player to the Onkyo.......and Magic!!! We had audio????

Have any of you experianced this before??

heeman said:
No Audio...........

No Audio. I tried a bunch of things and nothing, then I decided to turn the system off and to un plug and re plug in the HDMI Cable from the player to the Onkyo.......and Magic!!! We had audio????

HDMI handshake. It's been an HDMI "achillies heel" since introduction.

Rope

Rope said:
heeman said:
No Audio...........

Rope

That's what I figured.......

Hopefully it doesn't happen often??

heeman said:
Rope said:
heeman said:
No Audio...........

Rope

That's what I figured.......

Hopefully it doesn't happen often??

I wait a good 20 seconds from the time I turn on my 885, flat panel, STB/BD player, before I receive video and audio. I've tried this in many different order configurations, nothing seems to effect the speed.

Rope

You bought it via bestbuy?

Ever considered the insignia wireless blu-ray player? just check and see if its around 89, if so, grab one. its one of my favorite players to have based on price point.

I also own a panny and havent had any problems with em either. Owned a bp-300 (first BR player, and that worked like a tank, despite it being so flippin big and slow)...

Yup......Best Buy, the Samsung was on sale for $79.99. No Wi-fi need yet with our system.

I hope that the Samsung lasts a couple of years...

Back