• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Guitar Hero discontinued

Yeah, I had fun with it, mostly played World Tour. Not surprising the game's dying out, after 7-or-so releases, people are bound to get tired of it...

Every so often I see incredible deals on the full band packages in stores. About a year and a half ago I paid a mere $50 bucks for the GHWT full band set on clearance at Best Buy. It was a rarity at the time and seemed like an excellent deal. But nowadays that price is becoming much more common. Heck, just a couple of weeks ago I even saw both Rock Band2 w/Beatles game full set for fifty bucks and Band Hero full set for fifty bucks a Kmart. Apparently they just can't sell the darned things, anymore.

This is bad news for premium guitar manufacturers since fewer kids might be playing guitar games going forward and deciding they might want to play guitar so mommy and daddy will go out and buy a $900 Les Paul Studio pr American made Strat.

My drum dealer told me most of the higher end guitars he sells are to parents of young kids getting their first guitar.

Flint said:
This is bad news for premium guitar manufacturers since fewer kids might be playing guitar games going forward and deciding they might want to play guitar...

On the other hand, with more time available to be spent playing Killzone 3, it's great news for gun manufacturers who might want to sell to parents who have kids that aspire to one day help the Interplanetary Strategic Alliance (I.S.A.) defeat the evil Helghast Empire. I kid, I kid...

:teasing-tease:

Flint said:
This is bad news for premium guitar manufacturers since fewer kids might be playing guitar games going forward and deciding they might want to play guitar so mommy and daddy will go out and buy a $900 Les Paul Studio pr American made Strat.

My drum dealer told me most of the higher end guitars he sells are to parents of young kids getting their first guitar.

That's insane. They should start them out with an inexpensive acoustic guitar and see if they actually stick with it long enough to learn before dropping big bucks. I bought my wife a half-decent little Yamaha acoustic with an electronic tuner, a nice padded carry bag, a shoulder strap, an instructional DVD and a beginning guitar book for Christmas a couple years ago for less than $200 total.

Back