• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Gurus ...please advise

Vinyl said:
DIYer ... this is Canada $100 will buy you ham and cheese - tech's guess estimate closer to $200 - I don't want to split up the Parasound pair unless absolute - the pair originally were $4000 and still hold up today - then again...OOPS...I forgot....most here subscribe to all CD players sound alike.
Not all CD players. I've listened to tube analog output CD player and it does sound different even at same volume with other units.

Vinyl, you spent $4000 on a CD source unit/s? :scared-yipes: I'm not sure what to say but I believe it is good to let go of things from time to time. $150 will get you a very nice CD player these days.

I would say that all CD players that are feeding digital output to some other component will sound exactly the same - they should. Sure, if the CD player's analog outs are being used, there could be differences in the DAC quality, certainly. But I'm sure you can get a really good DAC for a lot less than $4k!

PaulyT said:
But I'm sure you can get a really good DAC for a lot less than $4k!

Agreed!

Let's move on.

Transport was delivered to service tech this afternoon – I’ve owned the pair approximately 10 yrs - hopefully the repair will be good for another few years – if not - seriously considering tubed player - the problem with this player you have to built a shrine for it - Each day so unique – Life is Good!

Attachments

• Shanling T100se.jpg
    Shanling T100se.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 838
Vinyl said:
PaulyT said:
But I'm sure you can get a really good DAC for a lot less than $4k!

Agreed!

Let's move on.

Transport was delivered to service tech this afternoon – I’ve owned the pair approximately 10 yrs - hopefully the repair will be good for another few years – if not - seriously considering tubed player - the problem with this player you have to built a shrine for it - Each day so unique – Life is Good!

Just like I anticipated, the old upgraditis bug has hit, it won't stop knawing on your leg until you feed it! :eek:

Rope

Attachments

• Shanling%20T100se.jpg
    Shanling%20T100se.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 831
Rope ... its uncanny how you see through me – actually I’m hoping not to go this path – very happy with Parasound pair – if repair of Transport is satisfactory there won’t be any upgrades on digital end.

Vinyl said:
Rope ... its uncanny how you see through me – actually I’m hoping not to go this path – very happy with Parasound pair – if repair of Transport is satisfactory there won’t be any upgrades on digital end.

C'mon Vinyl, you know you want it. Break out some of that moldy old cash and feed the fetis. Think of all the fun you'll have integrating the new gear into your current system, hours of tweaking and adjusting so it just right. :teasing-tease:

Rope

The CD-3000 uses the best Burr Brown DAC, the PCM-1794, the Burr-Brown SRC1492 24-bit/192kHz upsampling processor and a very fine Phillips CD7 MKII top loading transport that is coupled to a better clock than most units at twice its price. This lowers jitter.

The balanced output employs 4 x Burr Brown OPA-627 opamps, the best made. Tubes are two Electro Harmonix 6922s. These are dramatically better than the cheap Chinese tubes used in most offshore players. Digital and analog sections are powered by two separate transformers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Impressive credentials at 28 lbs – it’s better than the flashy one above – one just showed up locally for $1000 – now had I not taken the Parasound Transport for service..........

Attachments

• Shanling CD-300.jpg
    Shanling CD-300.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 792
Vinyl, if you are about to spend that much on tube analog stage, just get a stand alone tube DAC and connect digital out from CD player, PC, I-pod, DVD...etc. More flexibility.

The resolve comes quickly – needed repairs are - new belt / re-sit the disc seat = $112 – that’s pretty fair.

Transport is back - dropped in the two most offending CD's that wouldn't read and WELLA they play.

Great! Glad to hear it worked out without to much $$ lost.

Vinyl said:
Yes that's I meant ... viola ;)
Ok, I know you are into classical music so... :D
Violin-Viola-Description.jpg

Very nice – one of my favourites –sax/cello/bassoon/viola – BTW I saved it to pics.

Back