• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Harbeth

Never heard of them. But I sure do miss that style. Most of their adjectives described sight, not sound.

they are constantly well rated.. i have never heard them myself but i think they are so f'n ugly I would never even bother.

On paper those are exactly what is needed - a throwback to producing speakers that sound great first and look good secondly. I am eager to hear a set.

Pricing is roughly in the Dynaudio range - a bit too high for most of us, but I'd like to hear them too.

Razz said:
they are constantly well rated.. i have never heard them myself but i think they are so f'n ugly I would never even bother.

:laughing-rolling:

Rope

Flint said:
On paper those are exactly what is needed - a throwback to producing speakers that sound great first and look good secondly. I am eager to hear a set.

Flint,
You really like the look of them? Or are you saying that looks are not as important to the company as sound.

Are they really that ugly to you guys? I truely miss that style. I grew up with 3-way designs like this, and I am still fond of them.

m40domestic.jpg

m40assembly-l.jpg

Transducer system Three-way reflex - Harbeth 300mm bass unit, 200mm RADIAL2™ midrange and 25mm tweeter with HexGrille.
Freq. response 35 Hz - 20k Hz +/-3 dB, free space, 1m with grille on, smooth off-axis response.
Impedance 6 ohms - easy to drive
Sensitivity 84db/1W/1m
Amp. suggestion Works with a wide range of amplifiers, ideally from 50W/channel.
Power handling 200W programme
Connector Two 4mm gold-plated binding posts for wires or plugs
Dimensions (hxwxd) 750 x 432 x 400mm
Finish Cherry, eucalyptus, rosewood.
Space needs LF optimised for use away from hard, reflective surfaces.
Stands To bring ears level with tweeters.
Weight 34kg each
Packing Single speaker per shipping carton

I encountered Harbeth speakers in Korea and they sound excellent. A friend of mine bought a pair and I was very impressed.

I personally dont care what a speaker looks like as long as they sound good, but that doesnt make a difference if I cant afford em! :handgestures-thumbdown:

I never subscribed to the "speakers as furniture" notion, and don't care what they look like as long as they perform their primary duty well. Decorator finishes are for pussies and wives. :handgestures-thumbdown:

TitaniumTroy said:
Nice to see you Lakedmb, cool avatar you have there :text-welcomeconfetti:

Thanks! I don't get to visit as often as I would like, but do try to poke my head in once in a while. Lots of new and exciting stuff going on over here.

The avatar is from a Phish show that I went to this summer down in Alpharetta, GA.:banana-stoner:

Back