• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Harmony 900 issue...ugh

The DirtMerchant

Well-Known Member
So I've had my 900 for quite a while at this point and LOVE it...HOWEVER...
I've had a running issue, I can't control the volume (Anthem AVM-30) while I use
my Mac. Ignored it until today. Had some time to futz around so I went into troubleshooting
for the MacMini Activity (only uses Mac, Anthem, Sony TV). It asked me to get the original Anthem
remote and go through a series of "test" signals from the remote (about 5 buttons).
It then updated.

Now...everything else still works EXCEPT ANY CONTROLS FOR THE ANTHEM!
In every activity and/or directly the Anthem responds to 0 commands from the 900.
Every other command/macro for every other device still works...WTF!

Anyone have some advice?

I tried to do the Anthem troubleshooting and when it asks to "test" the signals from the original
it does 2 and says "your remote is already using the best commands available" or something very
similar...

I'm way beyond the 90 days of free support...
 

The DirtMerchant

Well-Known Member
Update...been messing around and...minor improvement.
If I go into "Devices" to control the Anthem...On/Off works and
is recognized by the Anthem...however NO OTHER COMMANDS WORK.
I see the RF signal graphic appear, meaning a command is sent...but
no other commands work.

I tried to re-test/confirm the IR commands are correct by resetting the 900
with the original, but that still doesn't work...
 

The DirtMerchant

Well-Known Member
Appears to be a Logitech Data issue. All the commands were updated for the Anthem AVM-30
based on whatever the Logitech Database has. None of these worked. I had the Power On/Power Off
learned directly from the original remote. Those were the only buttons functioning properly.

So I went into advanced device setup and learned several other commands (vol +/-, Sleep, the various source buttons)
Updated remote.

Now NOT EVEN THE POWER ON/OFF WORKS.

seriously.
 

The DirtMerchant

Well-Known Member
So, it seems like somehow ALL the Anthem commands got erased or screwed somehow.
Unfortunately when I try to automatically re-add the Anthem AVM-30 to the remote
none of the commands work. So I tried to "Learn" the commands that I use generally,
and that didn't work. But I tried SEVERAL times and got most of them back. Except
Volume. Which I then added "RAW" and then it worked.

I'm guessing that there has been some type of update to the data Logitech has for
the AVM30 because any "Database" provided command doesn't work. And teaching
the remote mostly works, but apparently not for everything which is aggravating.
Seem to have it working again, but was up until 4AM. I suppose I'll find some other
missing commands along the way. Just hope it isn't as tedious and annoying to update
them. If I had lost the original remote it would have been really terrible while waiting
for a replacement.
 

Rope

Well-Known Member
Famous
It appears you've found a work around at this stage. In the future, providing you have another issue with the Anthem commands. Delete the device, then add it again.

Another option; create a dummy logitech account for the remote, containing no activities or devices. Purge the remote with that account, meaning clear all commands, then reload the remote with your original account.

Rope
 

The DirtMerchant

Well-Known Member
Rope said:
It appears you've found a work around at this stage. In the future, providing you have another issue with the Anthem commands. Delete the device, then add it again.

Another option; create a dummy logitech account for the remote, containing no activities or devices. Purge the remote with that account, meaning clear all commands, then reload the remote with your original account.

Rope
May try this anyway. Strange that I had to try so many times to update the commands.
If/when I try the purge/reload I'll let you know what happens.
 
Top