• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Harmony 900 RF Remote and Leviton Dimmers

Batman

Staff member
Famous
Any of you guys know how flexible and to what extent I can get a Harmony 900 RF remote and a set of 3 Leviton "intellisense" dimmers to play nice? I have a friend that is replacing an at least 5-6 yo Pronto and trying to replace it with a 900. I am trying to help but am limited on time. From what I can tell there may be an interface (i have to go back again to have a closer look) between the pronto RF system and the dimmers. But I'm not sure it'll be possible to get it to "talk" to all 3 zones to treat them as "scenes". Anybody?

I'm thinking I may have to steer him towards a more robust remote setup, which will be more expensive.

Bats -
Are you able to open the Harmony 900 web software and take a gander at the lighting control options?

Rope

That's what I'm thinking after perusing the Logitech forums... :handgestures-thumbdown: I hate universal remotes... :roll:

The Harmony RF can do X10 you will need an X10 IR-543 receiver to communicate between your Harmony remote and your X10 Devices. You then need to have X10 devices controlling the lights. I have some around the house but have trouble between the two phases of electrical in the home. One of my devices is on the second phase and the controll can not turn them on or off. I have to move the controller to that phase to work.

This makes me appreciate the relative simplicity of my URC remote system with URC dimmer switches. It also reminds me that I've been meaning to look into adding a few.

Bats, from what I remember about working w/ a few 900s, you'll need blasters to hit the dimmers. For the price + headache can your friend not be persuaded to go the URC route? It would be MUCH simpler, as T7 mentioned.

John

Back