• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Harmony replacement.....

Razz

So as silly as this sounds, I had an "extra" harmony 880 given to me as a work Christmas gift sitting in my closet. My last Harmony 880 just bit the dust and stopped charging.

I hooked up the new one, registered it and then noticed it's screen is all jacked up. The LCD screen is obviously defective so I called Harmony.

Due to it being under their warranty from date of registration, (not purchase), they said they will replace it but they no longer have the 880. The replacement for the 880 is now the Harmony One.

They are sending me a new Harmony One in the mail within 7-10 days. My 880 will be "discarded" in their system and I can no longer use their "on line" program to program it. It's basically trash now. But I"m happy to get a new Harmony One because that is what I actually would rather have.

So here is another :text-+1: for Harmony taking care of their customers... :text-bravo:

Good for you. The One is so much better than the 880. Buttons and layout on the 880 are horrible IMO. Love the One though.

Keep the 880 around. It will provide good rock throwing target after you program your new Harmony One.

Kudos to Logitech for their product support!!! :handgestures-thumbup:

Wow! That's cool they're sending you a Harmony One. I hate the layout on my 880 and the only reason I keep it around is because it can get the 'insert track break' code off the internet that my CD Recorder requires (whose own remote is half-baked). But that Harmony One has a great feel to it, and is much better from what I've been able to tell in stores. btw... you suck, Razz! ;)

bill%20murray%20you%20suck.jpg

Let us know if you actually get it.

The hugest complaint I see online about Harmony is their false promises of replcacing bad/defective remotes.

D

Doghart said:
Let us know if you actually get it.

The hugest complaint I see online about Harmony is their false promises of replcacing bad/defective remotes.

D

Had the battery go bad in my squeezebox controller, and they offered to send me a new battery. It took 6 weeks and 4 phone calls, but they finally sent. I was told it had never been given to the manager for approval. Other than that little glitch, I love everything about logitech.
Rob

Huey said:
Had the battery go bad in my squeezebox controller, and they offered to send me a new battery. It took 6 weeks and 4 phone calls, but they finally sent. I was told it had never been given to the manager for approval. Other than that little glitch, I love everything about logitech.
Rob
Woa, does the SB use some kind of unique battery? :?:

Back