• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

HDMI cable included!!!! Really?

Razz

So I bought my parents a sound bar for Christmas because I was sure this was the right way to go for their needs...

BUTTTTTT.....
I planned on doing the setup Christmas morning, and we all know how set up goes....... there's always a problem!
This problem sucks.........

It reads..... "HDMI cable included"

This is their idea of an HDMI cable....

(BTW, this is not a joke, it's a real pic!!!!!)

DSC_6282.jpg

WTF!!!!!
How can ANYONE use a (6.25 inch) HDMI cable?????
That's just retarded!!!!

I needed to go home and return the next day with one of my HDMI cables to make it work.

The sound bar was a noticeable improvement in audio clarity, just what I wanted. But DAMN! Some companies are getting so stupid in their price cutting!

Can the volume be controlled with a universal remote or do you have to use the one supplied with the soundbar and sub? I am still looking for one for the bedroom....but I am CHEAP!!

Batman said:
That looked like a USB cable... :think:

..And just an extender at that. Razz, I think I would keep looking, as that looks more like a usb connecting cable.

Definitely not HDMI in that pic. But I think you should be happy with your 6 inches, that's really just the most some guys ever hope for... :eusa-whistle:

Where did it say HDMI cable included? Since it doesn't say that anywhere on the BB link you provided I checked Samsung's website. Nothing there either. Crutchfield is always good about descriptions so I checked and the "What's in the box" section mentions the little USB cable but not HDMI. Was that maybe a special BB was running on their website? Buy the sound bar and BB will throw in a cable? Either way, sounds like you should be mad at BB and not Samsung.

What's in the box?

AudioBar (HW-E450)
Wireless powered subwoofer (PS-WE450)
Remote control (AH59-02434A)
2 "AAA" batteries
Wall-mount bracket
7" USB extension cable (with a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
5' Stereo mini-to-RCA cable
Large ferrite core
2 Small ferrite cores
User Manual
Quick Setup Guide
Online Product Registration information

I guess it was an insecure tech writer at Crutchfield tha described it as a 7 inch cable.

PaulyT said:
Definitely not HDMI in that pic. But I think you should be happy with your 6 inches, that's really just the most some guys ever hope for... :eusa-whistle:

id be happy with five.

awesome ruler, but dont you have to measure it from one end to the other?

or you just compensating? :happy-smileygiantred:

kiddin aside, i want a soundbar too.... im in the same boat as mcad64.

Randy said:
Razz, that is an awesome ruler...

HAHAHAHA!!!

What a moron I am!!!!!
And that's twice in 2 days I called myself a moron!
OMG... don't I feel stupid right now!
:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
:laughing-rolling:

time to switch to decaf!

mcad64 said:
Can the volume be controlled with a universal remote or do you have to use the one supplied with the soundbar and sub? I am still looking for one for the bedroom....but I am CHEAP!!

You can get this one for about $250, it's a regular IR remote, I'm sure it can be programed to a universal remote. If you are looking to save money, look at the Vizo soundbars as well.

Razz the description claims that the HDMI cable is a 12 incher but as most women will tell you what a man calls 12 inches is vastly different than what a woman calls 12 inches.

At least your Christmas present worked. The Power Monitors I bought my father for Christmas came with a European power plug, :scared-eek: so rushed to RatShack to buy an American one and then once hooked up I got power but no sound whatsoever not even from using the AUX input on the speaker. Pushed on the volume knob (at this time I had tried everything else) and got sound for a microsecond and then silence again. So yesterday had to take back the POS Cerwin Vega speakers.

Guess I should be happy that the "European" cable was more than long enough but then again it's why most women suggest this as a vacation destination. :angelic-green:

I think Razz is selling himself short, if measured from end to end on that thick ruler. I think he would have a full 7". Be proud my man.

Botch said:
Rope said:
Randy said:
Razz, that is an awesome ruler...
:laughing-rolling:

Rope
Okay, I'm completely missing what's so funny about this... :think: :oops:

Perhaps I read something into Randy's remark I shouldn't have. Seems that the topic is well defined, then..... suddenly out of the clear blue comes Randy's post regarding the measuring device. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

I think that's a USB cable and extender. No HDMI that I see. 12"???? sounds familiar.

Back