• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Headphones/IEMs...what do you have, what do you want?

GreatDane said:
T1 is made in Germany.

You know the Germans make good stuff. If you don't believe me, buy a ShamWow. Yes, there's a reason it's called Sham
Wow.

Rope

Yeah, Vince is a great guy huh. He looked pretty WOW after he punched that hooker last year.

Attachments

• 0327092sham1.jpg
    0327092sham1.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 1,258
AKG 240 DF for me, I bought them because of a good review in a audio magazine. It was probably Stereo Review, no IEM yet.

TitaniumTroy said:
AKG 240 DF for me, I bought them because of a good review in a audio magazine. It was probably Stereo Review, no IEM yet.

I've never heard the DF version. I believe Flint & Yesfan both had them, or maybe still do.

GreatDane said:
TitaniumTroy said:

I've never heard the DF version. I believe Flint & Yesfan both had them, or maybe still do.

I do still have mine - they are in my list above.

Love that headphone.

TitaniumTroy said:
FWI, DF stands for Diffuse Field just case anyone was curious.

Which means they sound more like real speakers in a room rather than tiny drivers attached to your ears.

GreatDane said:
Yeah, Vince is a great guy huh. He looked pretty WOW after he punched that hooker last year.

Hey! You leave Vince out of this, just because he got his @ss kicked by some hooker in a New York hotel, doesn't give you the right to mock him! :text-lol:

Rope

Flint said:
GreatDane said:
Flint doesn't like Denons but he does like Grado. :angry-tappingfoot:

I bet you don't actually use them??

...so I'll do you a favor and take those RS1 off your hands for $100 or so. :eusa-whistle:

Actually, I don't like the Grados at all. I have a good friend who works on music with me and he loves the RS1 phones and I found a pair on Craigslist a few years ago for a steal. I never use them and would rather not have them. But I don't need the money.

If only the D7000s didn't sound like my creepy rock-n-roll hippy uncle's "mobile hi-fi" he drove around in his funny smelling 1970s love van. I remember distictly his "flying-V" EQ setup with the ADC EQ+RTA. All treble, all midbass, no midrange. Oh, I auditioned the 7000s at a studio last weekend. Even the sound engineer wasn't a fan - but those are the new black in the recording world for a few months, so they have to have a pair around.

Flint, I'll take those off your hands for you for the cost of shipping. :eusa-whistle:

Look, man, I am not going to repeat this again... the Grado RS1 cans are NOT for sale, give away, or gifting. They are not leaving my home. They are not being sent to any of you. Just leave me alone already! All I want is peace... please, stop asking on the forum, stop PM'ing me, stop calling my house, stop showing up with a bottle of midrange Scotch in your hand. I am not getting rid of the Grados, okay?

Jeeze!!!

By the way, I just updated my list of headphones. Having a small recording studio and trying to make music calls for having several different headphones lying around for musicians to use.

Flint said:
Look, man, I am not going to repeat this again... the Grado RS1 cans are NOT for sale, give away, or gifting. They are not leaving my home. They are not being sent to any of you. Just leave me alone already! All I want is peace... please, stop asking on the forum, stop PM'ing me, stop calling my house, stop showing up with a bottle of midrange Scotch in your hand. I am not getting rid of the Grados, okay?
How about if I email you an offer to trade them for a pair of AKG K701s? :teasing-neener:

Zing said:
Flint said:
How about if I email you an offer to trade them for a pair of AKG K701s? :teasing-neener:

Oh, well that's different. Let's make a deal. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

I ordered up a set of the Etymotic ER6i's on Friday, but the fooker's still haven't shipped. :angry-cussingblack:

They're nothing fancy, but I'm hoping the reviews are correct and that they'll give me a good mix of sound quality, isolation ability, and efficiency/sensitivity (since I won't be using them with an amp). I'm planning to give the Ety triple flanges a shot, but if I can't stand the fit, then I'll probably try out some Shure 'olive' foam sleeves since enough posts over at head-fi seemed to indicate it should work on the ER6i. Either way, I just hope I end up liking my purchase.

Ordered on Friday and still not shipped?? From where? That sucks.

I'm anxious to read what you think about the ER6i.

Amazon... but finally got email confirmation that it shipped today. I figured it wouldn't ship Monday due to the holiday, but had hoped it was going to ship yesterday.

649110.jpg

Rope

Back