• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

help me find some

smgreen20

Who remembers the movie master and commander? The music they play with the violins at the very end of the movie, where can I find music like that with no words just instruments?

artists in albums please.

if im not mistaken, i remembered it as violin concerto in d minor ...

but the closest thing per this website, is this one...

"Prelude (From the Unaccompanied Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007)"
Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
Performed by Yo-Yo Ma, cello
Courtesy of Sony Classical
By Arrangement with Sony Music Licensing

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0311113/soundtrack

Track listing

1. The far Side of the World (09:19)

2. Into the Fog (02:12)

3. Violin Concerto No. 3 "Strassburg" K.216, 3rd Movement (01:20)
by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
4. The Cuckold comes out of the Amery (03:27)
Traditional
5. Smoke n'Oakum (05:28)

6. Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis (05:15)
by Ralph Vaughan Williams
7. Adagio from Concerto Grosso Op. 6, No. 8 in G Minor (01:57)
by Arcangelo Corelli
8. The Doldrums (02:46)

9. Prelude (from the unaccompanied Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007) (02:28)
by Johann Sebastian Bach
10. The Galapagos (01:39)

11. Folk Medley (05:13)
Traditional
- O'Sullivan's March
- The Cuckold comes out of the Amery
- Mother Hen
- Mary Scott
- Nancy Dawson
12. The Phasmid (02:35)

13. The Battle (05:08)

14. La Musica notturna delle Strade di Madrid, No. 6, Op. 30 (09:23)
by Luigi Boccherini
15. Full Circle (01:35)

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title/60157/Master+And+Commander:+The+Far+Side+Of+The+World

Have you got the movie? If so, Shazaam it and see if it gives you a title.

One CD I'll recommend, that I like very much, but uses cello instead of violins.....

51jp6EkFnyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sara Sant' Ambrogio - Back 1,3,5

"Suite no. 1 in G Major: Prelude" (track 7) was used in an American Express commercial. It was the one with all the different shapes and items made to look like sad/happy faces.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFhHRYJsjgI[/youtube]

I love that tune.

Yesfan70 said:
Have you got the movie? If so, Shazaam it and see if it gives you a title.

One CD I'll recommend, that I like very much, but uses cello instead of violins.....

51jp6EkFnyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sara Sant' Ambrogio - Back 1,3,5

"Suite no. 1 in G Major: Prelude" (track 7) was used in an American Express commercial. It was the one with all the different shapes and items made to look like sad/happy faces.

I love that tune.

i cant see. work dwarves.

is that cd worth a purchase? id like to add it on my list of cds id love to buy when i get money list.

Yesfan,
Yes I have the movie. I had it on DVD, but my wife surprised me with a new copy of it on Bluray. I love this movie and it's hard to say why, I just do. The music has always intrigued me but now I'm looking into a CD of that style music. I will look into Sara S'A.

I'll probably buy the soundtrack to the movie next weekend.

Anything else? What exactly would be the style of this music? Classical?

Thanks for the replies.

smgreen20 said:
What exactly would be the style of this music? Classical?
Yes, classical. Johann Sebastian Bach to be specific.

When movies use existing music for the soundtrack, I would get the album of that actual music and listen to the whole thing rather than buying the soundtrack album. I find it to be educational to do so especially when classical or jazz are used.

If you have a specific song/track in mind and can point me to a link where i can hear it (I've seen the movie but don't remember any details of the music), I can possibly identify the specific work being performed (if you can't get that from the soundtrack info), and can help you find a good recording of that or something similar. Let me know...

smgreen20 said:
Yesfan,
Yes I have the movie. I had it on DVD, but my wife surprised me with a new copy of it on Bluray. I love this movie and it's hard to say why, I just do. The music has always intrigued me but now I'm looking into a CD of that style music. I will look into Sara S'A.

I'll probably buy the soundtrack to the movie next weekend.

Anything else? What exactly would be the style of this music? Classical?

Thanks for the replies.

If the clips on Amazon aren't long enough for you, then go to grooveshark.com and you should be able to hear the whole album. Same can be said for the Master and Commander soundtrack (if both have been uploaded from someone).

A lot of times if I'm not sure about an album, I'll listen to the whole thing on Grooveshark. Then if I like it, I'll buy the CD on Amazon. Sometimes, the 30 second clips on Amazon aren't long enough to get a feel for a song.

Thanks for the link Yesfan.

I'll have to order both albums online as none of our local stores have them. :(

I also went to find Chimaira and Anthrax's new albums, could only find Anthrax's.

Back