• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Helpful projector feature

Mag

A kudos to Sanyo here.
I noticed the other day in dark scenes a softball size blue circle on my screen. I sorta freaked thinking I may have
a dreaded case of lcd blue polarizer failure.

Upon close inspection though the edges of the blue spot seemed fuzzy instead of sharp, so I'm thinking a dust blob now hopefully!

I got my step ladder and was all prepared to take down the proj, unscrew the case and start poking around. Not something I looked forward to. I then remembered a small turkey baster type thing came with this unit so after locating it and the manual, I found the thing has a small door that can be unscrewed with 6 "air holes" meant to blow out dust blobs. I could even reach it without removing the proj from the ceiling.

Needless to say, turning the thing on and shooting compressed air in those holes a few times did the trick. No more blue blob and back in business. :handgestures-thumbup:

Somebody out there probably pushed for this while designing the projector. I'd buy him or her a beer if I could.
Good job Sanyo.

What kind of Sanyo is it? My projector is a Sanyo Z4, but I don't think I have that feature.

Mag said:
A kudos to Sanyo here.
I noticed the other day in dark scenes a softball size blue circle on my screen. I sorta freaked thinking I may have
a dreaded case of lcd blue polarizer failure.

Upon close inspection though the edges of the blue spot seemed fuzzy instead of sharp, so I'm thinking a dust blob now hopefully!

I got my step ladder and was all prepared to take down the proj, unscrew the case and start poking around. Not something I looked forward to. I then remembered a small turkey baster type thing came with this unit so after locating it and the manual, I found the thing has a small door that can be unscrewed with 6 "air holes" meant to blow out dust blobs. I could even reach it without removing the proj from the ceiling.

Needless to say, turning the thing on and shooting compressed air in those holes a few times did the trick. No more blue blob and back in business. :handgestures-thumbup:

Somebody out there probably pushed for this while designing the projector. I'd buy him or her a beer if I could.
Good job Sanyo.

I confess, it was my idea. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

This might be the projector I buy, baste on your testimonial. Thanks! :handgestures-thumbup:

Um, instead of a projector with a fancy dust removal system, why not get one that simply doesn't have openings for dust to get in in the first place?!?!? :eek:bscene-buttred:

Back