• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Hey Walls!!

GreatDane

OK, I just wanted to be a copy cat.

I just wanted to show off my daily use portable audio toys so I took some quick pics. Don't rag on my picture quality, I'm still using my tiny Canon that I've had for 5 years.

This is my Otter Box that I use to carry some of it to work.

IMG_3800_opt.jpg

Ipod nano and AT clip-on buds (ATH-EC700 SV) :

IMG_3801_opt.jpg

Ipod shuffle and AT clip-on mini cans I guess you could call them (ATH-EM7 GM) :

IMG_3806_opt.jpg

nano vs. shuffle size:

IMG_3805_opt.jpg

This is my night time sleep rig: ( Cowon iAudio 7 [8 GB] & Westone 3 ) :

IMG_3808_opt.jpg

I don't carry this outside ( Ipod Classic > XM5 > ER4P) :

IMG_3814_opt.jpg

This is my top choice for work ( Cowon iAudio 9 [16 GB] > Meier Corda XXS > e-Q7 }

IMG_3804_opt.jpg

...there's more but I didn't want to go crazy. :music-listening:

Great stuff!

When I am walking or excersising I use my nano with a pair of KSC75's, I hate the IEM's sound when doin something other then laying still and not breathing. LOL!

GreatDane said:
^ Is that your stuff? -you bought a XM6?? DAMN

I blame you and Walls for my falling off the 12 step program. You, in particular, should be ashamed for posting pics of all things evil. :happy-smileygiantred:

The XM6 is used, but came with a plethora of exrtas. That little sucker will drive my HiFiMan HE-500s, albeit the bass boost and gain have to be activated. The rubber bands were extra, and optional.

Rope

^^
Sorry, couldn't afford the Monster™ bands, so I settled for my own Heavy Duty™ bands.

Rope

Rope said:
GreatDane said:

I blame you and Walls for my falling off the 12 step program. You, in particular, should be ashamed for posting pics of all things evil. :happy-smileygiantred:

The XM6 is used, but came with a plethora of exrtas. That little sucker will drive my HiFiMan HE-500s, albeit the bass boost and gain have to be activated. The rubber bands were extra, and optional.

Rope

HA HA HA HA :evil: NOT ashamed.

Nice, very nice amp. So does it have the BUF634 output buffers? Lithium battery & charger? So is it more powerful that expected?

GreatDane said:
Rope said:
GreatDane said:

Rope

HA HA HA HA :evil: NOT ashamed.

Nice, very nice amp. So does it have the BUF634 output buffers? Lithium battery & charger? So is it more powerful that expected?

Yes, yes, and yes. I didn't expect it to drive the 500s. I'm impressed with the performance, and the size blows me away.

He also included a bunch of cables and the DoubleCat 8397 chip.

Rope

Freakin' sweet. I'm jealous...but still love my ol' XM5. The only negative thing I can say about my XM5 is that it has almost too much power for my IEMs even in low gain except when I use my Etymotic ER4P using the +75Ohm switch (which makes them the ER4S)...making them much more inefficient needing that power.

It still works for normal listening levels but not for my ultra-low sleepy time levels...oh well, I don't need the fancy stuff for that anyway.

Congrats on a nice find. :music-listening:

Thanks Dane.

I'm not certain if it's my IEM's or the DAC section, but I haven't had issue using my IEM's with no gain or bass boost activated. This little guy makes the Denon MD-5000s sing.

Rope

So, the question is- what do you think about the DAC? I bet it sounds better that the analog input from your DAP.

GreatDane said:
So, the question is- what do you think about the DAC? I bet it sounds better that the analog input from your DAP.

The joke's on me, along with a haystack of stupid. Zune doesn't supply a digital out, so it's analog or nothing. :angry-tappingfoot:

Rope

Rope said:
GreatDane said:

The joke's on me, along with a haystack of stupid. Zune doesn't supply a digital out, so it's analog or nothing. :angry-tappingfoot:

Rope

The DAC on the XM5/XM6 is USB input only. There are some brands of portable DAC/amps that allow optical and coaxial. There are some DAPs that have digital output.

You would need to connect the XM6 to a computer to use the USB DAC. This is useful when using a laptop away from a full size rig.

Don't forget about some other goodies:

block_dia_539x797.png

Connected the XM6 to my desktop via USB. DAC interface is definitely more transparent including more detail in the music presentation.

I'm in the process of designing a desktop cumputer backpack as to enjoy the DAC presentation on the go. I'll begin my workout.regiment Monday to facilitate carrying this heavy bastard wherever I go.

Rope

BTW, a note to Bill Gates: Your digital Zune interface blows chunks. Is it any wonder Apple kicked your ass in the portable music player market?

lol

I've never used a Zune. I have no complaints with my 120 GB ipod classic. I also like itunes. I once had a 5G, 80 GB that I used Rockbox on (alt software to Apples). It was kick-ass. Huge interface with many useful features, excellent EQ.

Last night I was motivated to use my 120 GB ipod+XM5+T1. Not too shabby.

Back