• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Homeless guy has Golden Voice

I'm glad for the guy, I really am but I'm left wondering why he is any more deserving of attention than a down on his luck carpenter, electrician, factory worker, auto technician...

Towen7 said:
I'm glad for the guy, I really am but I'm left wondering why he is any more deserving of attention than a down on his luck carpenter, electrician, factory worker, auto technician...
Because those guys didn't have a video clip that went viral (<3,000,000 views and counting) and ultimately ended up on every news program and website?

Clearly. It just depresses me when I see one person "win the lottery" like that when there are so many others at least as deserving as the youtube sensation of the moment. I know it's better to help one person than nobody... but I cant help thinking about the others.

I realize that I'm coming off like a jerk and that's not my intent. I'm not trying to bring this thread down.

Towen7 said:

Maybe because he publically owned up to his own shitbaggery, seemed genuinely ashamed about it and also seem genuinly proud of being two years sober?

Just now on CNN they filled in a lot of the story.
Some financial institution has offered to pay off his mortgage, when he gets one. Another website collected all his mugshots from his various crimes, and he was quite the "master of disguises". He was clean-shaven, haircut, and (most thankfully of all) his teeth cleaned, and answering callers in a radio station (I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that my feelings about him changed after seeing him cleaned up; there's some pre-judgement I have that needs to be worked on... :| ).
Finally, the guy has nine kids!!! :shock:

Back