• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

How do you build custom speakers

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
I'll let the others chime in, but if you're interested in a kit.....Then buy the ones where all you have to do is solder the connections and screw the drivers into the cabinet. Fortunately, most of the DIY speaker kits are like that.

Ok, my apologizes if my post came off as offensive. I thought you were shopping.

Passive crossovers are the hardest part for a DIY speaker. Getting them right can be challenging. It isn't as simple as using a calculator because calculators cannot predict the acoustic output performance of the speaker with the circuit it is designing. LEAP and other professional speaker design programs can predict the performance fairly well, but even then a little experimentation is needed to get the sound perfect.

I guided a few forum members through designing their own passive crossovers with success. It can be done and you will learn as you go along. But, I recommend using active crossovers as the performance will always be significantly better and you can alter the settings infinitely and whenever you want.

Flint said:
I guided a few forum members through designing their own passive crossovers with success. It can be done and you will learn as you go along. But, I recommend using active crossovers as the performance will always be significantly better and you can alter the settings infinitely and whenever you want.

I was one of those members. It's a pretty fun process, but there is an initial start up cost that can be kind of high if you're going to do it right. Although I haven't done anything for a long while, it's something I keep meaning to get back to -- there will be a time where I put together my all-out-within-reasons system.. and it will be an active system.

Back