• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

"How to Listen" - Harman Kardon offers free ear training!!!

Re: "How to Listen" - Harman Kardon offers free ear training

Any reasonably decent sounding rig will work.

This seems like a bad idea for the reasons stated in the OP.

It's already hard enough for me to ignore what little I do know about critical listening to just enjoy music.

Towen7 said:

It's already hard enough for me to ignore what little I do know about critical listening to just enjoy music.
Relax, a few rounds of Tom Sawyer on .mp3 and you'll be fine. :mrgreen:

:eek:bscene-moneypiss: Piss on it. In fact, piss all over it.

LOL! You guys are funny. Flint, I think you freaked out a few with the "Pandora's box" comment.

I think this would be a good idea for some discussion. I don't think having a good rig matters, though better sounding setups will probably lend you better results (which, imo, is what it's about......improving the system). I'll download this to the wife's laptop, plug in my Marshmallows, and give it a whirl. Then maybe do some comparisons by hooking the laptop to my HT downstairs.

I'm going to try this later when I have enough time. My little system in PC based so it should be good.

Towen7 said:

I completely agree!

Only do this if you are willing to deal with the AFTERMATH!!!! :eek:

Dennie
no.gif

You mean I can't unhear it? :text-lol:

Rope

I downloaded and began the band ID training. I've stopped at skill level 6 with 100% accuracy after 15 trials but it is getting difficult...starting to sweat now. Fun stuff.

Why oh why would I want to do this?!?!? I'm poor enough as it is, this would only make me NEED better/more expensive speakers.

However, the idea is intriguing...

Back