• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

How to Train Your Dragon

DIYer

Famous
Disc was out Friday. I'm surprised no one posted their reaction to this amazing animation! :shock:
Picture quality (Bluray) and audio are awesome! The advancement of computer animation now is... left me speechless. Choreograph, images and sound effect during the fight with that dragon at the end was downright amazing. Some scenes were a bit intense for PG rating IMO.

If you haven't seen it, do so now. :handgestures-thumbup:

I picked this up over the weekend, also. I saw the movie twice, both times in IMAX 3D. The only thing better than the eye and ear candy was the movie, IMHO. I really really enjoyed this movie. I think it's Dreamworks' best by far.

I definetly recommend this!!

John

I saw it was coming out, added it to my (getting too long) list...

I actually grabbed this on my way home from work Friday. This is the first movie we as a family have watched in my theater where none of the four of us have seen it before. We all really enjoyed it!

I got it in the mail yesterday from Amazon, it was late when the little one was done with gymnastics. The five minutes that we did watch, looked good though.
Rob

One question rose after seeing the cast list of voices. Gerard Butler and Craig Ferguson, both Scottish background. Some accent is fine for these characters but why Scottish accent for the vikings? Is it similar to Norwegian or Swedish accent? I think not and correct me if I'm wrong.

DIYer said:
One question rose after seeing the cast list of voices. Gerard Butler and Craig Ferguson, both Scottish background. Some accent is fine for these characters but why Scottish accent for the vikings? Is it similar to Norwegian or Swedish accent? I think not and correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe it's just me, but in a cartoon that features dragons, I didn't pay much attention to the origin of the accents. I guess that means they weren't distracting, though, right?

John

HTTYD

How to Train Your Dragon, wowo what an incredible animated movie. Great story, touching characters, great bass throughout and a few "holy shit" bass moments that will push your sub to it's limits. I would say that HTTYD is one of the best animated movies I have seen in a long time. Great family movie, so if you get the chance this might be a must buy for you.

Just watched it with the family (netflix bd rental), agreed it's great. Definitely on my "to buy" list, so if anyone sees any great deals, let me know! It's currently selling for $18 on amazon...

:angry-cussing: :angry-cussing: :angry-cussing: :angry-cussing:

:angry-fire:

Zing said:
I know! I paid $19.99 for it just about 2 weeks ago.
nelson-ha-ha-195x141.gif

Do good things come to those who wait?

Just got this today along with 8 other movies from Amazon that I got for under 10.00

Yes all Bluray with the exception of The Expendables which cost me 19.99

I got
HTTYD
The Wizard of Oz
National Treasure 1 & 2
Kick Ass
Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Wanted
Law Abiding Citizen
and Pandorum

average cost was 5.00-9.99/ea

I have to watch this again, I watched it after I sold my SVS and the DYNs don't have the output of the HSUs. Apparently, I've missed out on something... :think:

Back