• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

HT equipment and BluRay sales increase ...

Towen7

Staff member
... while ticket sales are down.

:text-link:

I'm a little surprised considering the recent advancements at the theater; IMAX, 3D. Those things have been enough to get me to the cinema a little more often.

It certainly doesn't help a potential upswing at the theater when you can't go see a midnight preview without getting shot...

I'll throw in one factor that the article didn't address: smart phones, and the inconsiderate people who use them in inappropriate places, whether it be in the theater itself, or behind the wheel on the way to the theater. :angry-cussingblack:

one reason i wish they'd have those cellphone jammers in a theater. if you're expecting a call or have an appointment, a movie theater is a poor place to be in.

but of course, most people arent even famliar with being polite about it, nor have the resentment for their actions.

During the Bat Cave GTG 4.0, when about twenty of us went to see TDKR, some schmuck next to us started texting. My wife didn't hesitate to lean over and and say (not quietly) " put that away, you're annoying me". I was proud of her.

Alamo Draft House tosses people out for even turning on their smartphones. If they see a light froma phone, they immediately address that person's problem with being a considerate member of society. When people call to complain about being thrown out, they record the conversation and then play it back before the movies to make their point - Don't use your phone in our theater during a movie.

Flint said:
When people call to complain about being thrown out, they record the conversation and then play it back before the movies to make their point - Don't use your phone in our theater during a movie.

Bravo!! :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:

Back