1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

HT in bedroom?

Discussion in 'Configuration & Setup' started by Maximo, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Maximo

Maximo Well-Known Member

So I have enough left over gear to make a really nice HT in the bedroom. 32" lcd diplay, BD player, 5.1 receiver and 5.1 paradigm speakers.

The question is: Should I do it? My wife and I have been considering taking the tv out of the bedroom altogether, but don;t really have an immediate place for it.

What say you?

2. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

I would never put a TV in a bedroom. I believe the bedroom is a special place designed solely for sex and sleep. The last thing I ever want to do is start isolating myself in the same room from 6pm until 6am.

3. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I used to feel exactly the same way but found it totally impractical with three teenagers in the house. I have a set in the bedroom but we only use it to watch a few minutes of TV before going to sleep. I do use it from time to time to watch a sporting event that nobody else in the house wants to see. The alternative was to put a set in the kids' rooms and never see them again.

4. Maximo

Maximo Well-Known Member

I agree wit hyou both. Hence my dilemma.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

:laughing-rolling: :text-goodpost:

6. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

While that may technically be true because you don't sleep there... but.. didn't you turn you master bedroom suite into a full blown home theater? :shifty:

7. Orbison

Orbison Well-Known Member

........ yawn .......... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz