• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

I drank the kool aid

Wardsweb

Renaissance man
I have often been asked why I don't have any room treatments in any of my systems. The truth be told, I had to compromise between audio perfection and that these are living spaces in our home and not dedicated audio rooms. It has been this way for 20+ years. That is until a friend came by with some acoustic panels for me to try. The sun room is the closest thing to a man cave I have, so playtime began. We just set them on the speaker cabinets behind the horns, dropped the needle on some vinyl and sat for a listen. WOW! It was instantaneous. The system was more focused, cleaner and seemed louder. I was blown away how such a simple change could make such a huge difference in this room. I expect all the glass was really messing with the sound and the panels helped with all the reflections. I was so impressed I purchased them and I went out to my wood shop to build some stands for the panels. There isn't a clean way to attach the panels the glass windows. I am a happy camper, I have seen the light and I am a believer.
sunroom040517.jpg .

I'm sure you'll figure out a way to attach the panels to the windows in a temporary fashion. Just some slick engineering design needed....

Prior to diffusors........Bass traps.

Temporary as if you can remove several times or just not mess up the glass and keep them there for a while? What are the weight of the panels. I have used those 3M command Velcro strips to hangs some items but didn't want to drill in my new cabinets. Now if you need to remove constantly then that won't work

Back