1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

I drank the kool aid

Discussion in 'Acoustics' started by Wardsweb, May 3, 2017.

1. Wardsweb

Wardsweb Renaissance man

I have often been asked why I don't have any room treatments in any of my systems. The truth be told, I had to compromise between audio perfection and that these are living spaces in our home and not dedicated audio rooms. It has been this way for 20+ years. That is until a friend came by with some acoustic panels for me to try. The sun room is the closest thing to a man cave I have, so playtime began. We just set them on the speaker cabinets behind the horns, dropped the needle on some vinyl and sat for a listen. WOW! It was instantaneous. The system was more focused, cleaner and seemed louder. I was blown away how such a simple change could make such a huge difference in this room. I expect all the glass was really messing with the sound and the panels helped with all the reflections. I was so impressed I purchased them and I went out to my wood shop to build some stands for the panels. There isn't a clean way to attach the panels the glass windows. I am a happy camper, I have seen the light and I am a believer.
    sunroom040517.jpg .

bmwuk, PaulyT, Zing and 1 other person like this.
  2. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

That's not Kool-Aid you drank. That's 100% pure unadulterated audio science.

Welcome to club!

lulimet and Wardsweb like this.
  3. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

Welcome to the club. In six months you'll be researching diffusors. :zorro:

Wardsweb likes this.
  4. jamhead

jamhead Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll figure out a way to attach the panels to the windows in a temporary fashion. Just some slick engineering design needed....

Prior to diffusors........Bass traps.

Wardsweb likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

The right sized suction cups may do the trick?

Wardsweb likes this.
  6. bmwuk

bmwuk Active Member

Temporary as if you can remove several times or just not mess up the glass and keep them there for a while? What are the weight of the panels. I have used those 3M command Velcro strips to hangs some items but didn't want to drill in my new cabinets. Now if you need to remove constantly then that won't work