• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

I love Amazon Marketplace..........

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
I just bought 10 CDs for under $46. I've been in a jazz mood of late and thought I would add on to my Verve Jazz Masters collection. Half of those CDs were under a dollar with two or three being just a penny.

A freaking penny. Why the hell would any one want to download if they can get the better sounding CD for much, much less?!

I buy a lot from Amazon Marketplace, too. Good selection of new and used from all the various sellers and sometimes some crazy good deals. I highly recommend trying them. Rarely have I been burned on a purchase.

That said... I used to get tons of good deals locally going back to the late 1990s, but it seems that over the last five years especially that those same stores are struggling and their selection of product that interests me shrinks and shrinks. Not that I don't still try, but gone are the days where I'd walk into a record store, spend an hour searching, and walk out with 5 CDs.

Right now Amazon Marketplace is great. Though, I worry that as we move away from physical media, and as album sales in general decline, that ten years from now the wide selection and great prices will begin to suffer as well. (Sigh.) So that's why I'm enjoying it now, of course!

:music-rockout:

Botch said:
:handgestures-thumbup: Whadja git?

getting:

VJM1: Louis Armstrong
VJM2: Count Basie
VJM3: Chick Corea
VJM5: Bill Evans
VJM6: Ella Fitzgerald
VJM7: Eroll Garner
VJM8: Stan Getz
VJM9: Astrud Gilberto
VJM12: Billie Holiday
VJM15; Charlie Parker

There's 60 discs in the collection. I have about 9 of them which are:

VJM4: Duke Ellington
VJM10: Dizzy Gillespie
VJM11: Stephane Grappelli (great album)
VJM13: Antonio Carlos Jobim (one of my favs)
VJM14: Wes Montgomery (another fav)
VJM16: Oscar Peterson
VJM38: Django Reinhardt (love this album)
VJM53: Stan Getz Bossa Nova
VJM20: VJM Sampler (1-19)

Most of the ones I ordered, I'm looking forward to hearing. The Corea disc I have heard before and liked it. There are some I've never heard (Bill Evans and Eroll Garner) and some I'm anxious to listen (Astrud, Getz, and Parker).

Kazaam said:
........That said... I used to get tons of good deals locally going back to the late 1990s, but it seems that over the last five years especially that those same stores are struggling and their selection of product that interests me shrinks and shrinks. Not that I don't still try, but gone are the days where I'd walk into a record store, spend an hour searching, and walk out with 5 CDs.

Right now Amazon Marketplace is great. Though, I worry that as we move away from physical media, and as album sales in general decline, that ten years from now the wide selection and great prices will begin to suffer as well. (Sigh.) So that's why I'm enjoying it now, of course!

:music-rockout:

Me too Kazaam. There used to be a store called Warehouse Music in Chattanooga. Sure it wasn't a "ma & pa" store, but they had a huge selection and you could listen to any CD in the store before purchase. They also had a used section. It was not unusual for me to spend about 4-5 hours in there and walk out with a $100 worth of discs in my hand. Drove my friends crazy.

Warehouse eventually turned into Blockbuster music (which sucked) and then into Tweeter, and now it is just an empty lot. That was all I had since I actually live 30 minutes outside of Chattanooga. Now all I have is Amazon for my music source.

Some classics there! If you enjoy Jobim and Montgomery, have you heard any Earl Klugh?
I'm a fan of Getz too, although I think Scott Hamilton may have nudged him aside, for me...

Botch said:
Some classics there! If you enjoy Jobim and Montgomery, have you heard any Earl Klugh?
I'm a fan of Getz too, although I think Scott Hamilton may have nudged him aside, for me...

Nope, but I'll check him out.

Back